We arrived at the Hotel Sol Don Pablo for a 7 night stay and were checked in promptly. The hotel has a traditional feel to it and we were allocated a room on the 6th floor with a side view of the beach and the sea. Although the room was clean and of an excellent standard, there was no tea making facilities, but we always take our own kettle etc so this did not present a problem. We were staying on a half board basis and all the meals were excellent. Breakfast was from 7:30 to 10:30 and you could not ask for more. You had a choice of cereals, fruit, yoghurt, cheeses, meats or you could always have a full cooked English breakfast. There were tea and coffee machines and we counted 6 toasters in operation, so there was never a queue. There was always plenty of choice at dinner too and the staff in the dining room were excellent. Nacho deserves a mention for his friendly welcome every evening at the dining room entrance and for putting up with my beginners Spanish. The pool area was nice with plenty of sunbeds. You can also use the facilities of the two sister hotels adjoining (Don Marco and Don Pedro). The complex is very secure at night as the gates are locked at 12 midnight and entry can only be gained by using your room card. The hotel is well positioned directly on the Paseo Martimo promenade next to the beach. There are 9 pools around the complex and the grounds are kept clean and presentable. The hotel also has 2 full size bowling greens and 5 lifts. Forget any previous negative comments, as I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to visitors and Torremolinos also has the advantage of being just a short transfer from Malaga airport. I would just like to mention that Torremolinos also surprised me as my last visit was many years ago and I feel it is now a very smart resort with a beautiful promenade. Finally, all staff at the Sol Don Pablo should take a bow and be very proud of their efforts - you made our stay very memorable. I will definitely return to this hotel in the future without any hesitation.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Don Pablo Torremolinos
- Sol Melia Torremolinos
- Sol Don Pablo Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sol Don Pablo is one of three hotels in the Sol Don Hoteles Complex. The complex is on the sea front of the Bajondillo beach in Torremolinos and boasts 50,000m2 of facilities and gardens. Guests are free to use all the facilities of the complex including (depending on the season) 9 pools, 6 bars, 2 jacuzzis, entertainment every day and evening and the Delfinus Spa. The hotel is 800m from the town centre with beautiful walks along the promenade towards the port in Benalmadena. The airport is 15 minutes by taxi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Melia, Agoda, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Sol Don Pablo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.