We stayed in the Don Pablo two years ago and I have to say it was the best holiday I have ever had. This is not just one hotel it is a complex of three hotels and a Spa with the most fantastic ground, pools and places just to sit or lie in the sun. I did not have one complaint about anything which was the reason for our return this year. However we were unable to get into the Don Pablo so we booked the Don Pedro and what a difference. First of all we were put into a room on the ground floor but it was more like a basement. You could not go out on the so called balcony or open your curtains as you were just faced with trees and a concrete wall about six feet high. After complaining we were eventually moved from this room two days later, the room we were given was fantastic, loads of room and a great view as well. We also found a big difference in the food, there was not a lot of choice at night unless you liked fish. The food was cold a lot of the time the soup was like coloured water. The entertainment at night was very good a lot of the time except the main acts were not on long enough. The children's show could be a little earlier and the main show could begin about 9 pm and go on to about 11.30 pm. Also there could be a bit more variety maybe a live band or Karaoke. I know this review may sound harsh and of-putting but this is not what I want to do I just want the Don Pedro to see this review and bring themselves up to the standard of the Don Pablo I would still recommend this complex to friends and family because of the many pools, the day time entertainment, the kids club and the fantastic grounds and sun terraces.
Mr & Mrs Conroy Belfast
- Also Known As:
- Sol Don Pablo Torremolinos
- Sol Melia Torremolinos
- Sol Don Pablo Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sol Don Pablo is one of three hotels in the Sol Don Hoteles Complex. The complex is on the sea front of the Bajondillo beach in Torremolinos and boasts 50,000m2 of facilities and gardens. Guests are free to use all the facilities of the complex including (depending on the season) 9 pools, 6 bars, 2 jacuzzis, entertainment every day and evening and the Delfinus Spa. The hotel is 800m from the town centre with beautiful walks along the promenade towards the port in Benalmadena. The airport is 15 minutes by taxi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Melia, Agoda, Tingo, Hotels.com, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Sol Don Pablo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.