Second time staying here after a very positive experience in 2012.
This time stayed for 8 nights.
It's difficult to avoid repeating myself from last years review and others' reviews but this Hotel deserves positive feedback for the effort they make to ensure people's stay is a pleasant one.
* Check in very fast, friendly and efficient - no messing or waiting. Room available despite our early arrival.
* Got a room at pool side of hotel as requested
* Location is excellent and very close to beach and promenade
* Street is quiet
* Food is/was excellent. Breakfast had a selection of breads, cakes, doughnuts, fruits, juices, cheeses, eggs, bacon, toast, tea, coffee, yogurts. No cereals appeared to be available. Same selections every day - same as any other hotel and not a negative point. You can request specials too if you desire.
* Evening dinners were excellent. Different choices every evening we stayed there. Roast Chicken, Beef, Fish, Pasta, Pizza, Stew, Paella, Potatoes, Vegetables, Other things that I didn't recognise. ! Vast array of salads and healthy options and a huge selection of desserts. The food was hot but we ate at 7.00pm at opening time. The dress code for men is long shorts i.e below the knee and not a long pants. Outdoor dining by poolside is very pleasant.
* The rooms are on the small side ( for 2 adults & 1 11yr old) but only for sleeping so not much of an issue. The bathroom is also on the small side but you manage. The rooms are very clean. While we had a room at the back pool side I think the street is quiet enough that I wouldn't imagine it would interfere with a nights sleep.
* The safe cost me €15 with €3 returned at check out on returning the key. The safe is huge and stores a multitude.
* The pool and bedding area is very clean and quiet. The pool while having a shallow end gets deep very quickly for us non/poor swimmers.
* Happy hour from 5-6 PM 2 for 1. Apart from this, the general price of drinks is very good value and not set at usual hotel prices.
The staff are very very friendly and professional.
Bus stop into town outside front door to the left at the bike rental place. Bus every 40 minutes. €1.55 per person. Taxi to town in August is €6. Leisurely walk to town 20 mins.
Hotel is a relaxing environment and is very highly recommended.
Will definitely return again.
- Also Known As:
- Don Paquito Torremolinos
- Don Paquito Hotel
- Don Paquito
- Hotel Don Paquito Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in a fantastic area of Torremolinos, 100 meters from the beach and 500 meters from its famous promenade, La Carihuela, and near beaches as popular as Playamar. The Hotel Don Paquito is situated just 800 meters from the center of Torremolinos and 5 kilometers from Puerto Marina in Benalmádena, with a variety of restaurants, pubs and bars. This hotel in Costa del Sol offers a quiet and cozy atmosphere. It is within walking distance of major attractions and nightlife venues in Torremolinos. The hotel was completely renovated. Rooms are fully equipped and feature terrace, bathroom, hairdryer, minibar, safe, telephone, satellite TV, air conditioning and free WIFI in rooms and common areas. The hotel has a restaurant with buffet, bar and outdoor swimming pool for you to enjoy the best holiday in Torremolinos. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Olotels, Otel and Hotels.com so you can book your Hotel Don Paquito reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.