Stayed at the Aquamarina at the end of June/ start of July 2013 with a couple of mates. I would describe the hotel as quite basic but for the price wasn't expecting anything else.
The rooms were a decent size and cleaned every second day. It had an antique TV and the kitchen was small with only couple of hob rings, a microwave, a kettle and toaster- but as the hotel has several reasonably priced restaurants near by we never used the kitchen much.
The pool was decent sized, very clean and plenty of sun loungers. It also has a nice looking indoor pool with a "gym" next to it- well not really a gym- it consisted of 3 pieces of broken apparatus and a bar for dips.
Also on the rare occasions when the sun loungers were taken by the pool, there is plenty on the roof or the beach is a two minute walk away.
As we are three guys in our early twenties, we were punished for our poor research (hence now joining Tripadvisor) as we were hoping for good night life and unfortunately that is not to be had in Torremolinos (for our age group at least). However Benalmadena and it's 24 hour square is pretty good, this is a 10 minute taxi journey away (costing just over 10 euros) or, as we did mostly, it is about an hours walk along the esplanade with plenty of bars to quench your thirst en route.
In summary though, I would describe it as a decent hotel suited for families on a budget.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ms ApartHotel Aguamarina is a building of apartments and studios situated in the tranquil and well known area of Bajondillo in the municipality of Torremolinos . Its prominent location next to the best beaches in area, with a great selection of cuisine, beach bars and night life, make MS Aguamarina apartments the best choice to relax and enjoy your holidays. Only 500 meters away from the renowned Calle San Miguel, where you can shop whilst discovering the atmosphere of the Costa del Sol .Apartments MS Aguamarina are equipped with direct phone dial, safe (at additional cost) and satellite dish TV (7 channels, in Spanish, English, French, German and Italian), air conditioning and central heating. All our apartments have terraces (the majority with sea views), American kitchen with microwave and full bathroom. Ask about the supplement for extra beds; for four people in 1 bedroom apartments and for 6 people in 2 bedroom apartments. The studios at MS Aguamarina are equipped with direct phone dial, safe (at additional cost) and satellite dish TV (7 channels, in Spanish, English, French, German and Italian), air conditioning and central heating. American kitchen with a microwave and full bathroom. Ask about the supplement for an additional bed to sleep 3 people. Check in: 14:00Check out: 12:00 CHILDREN AND ADDITIONAL BEDS Children under 2 years of age are freeThe maximum number of additional beds per room is oneThe cot service for minors is to be paid directly in the HotelAdditional beds and cots are available only on request. The Hotel has to confirm availability.No animals allowed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Venere, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your MS Aguamarina Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ms Aguamarina Apartments Hotel Torremolinos
- MS Aguamarina Apartments Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain