“Hidden Gem with real class” 5 of 5 stars
Review of El lago

El lago
Avda. Las Cumbres s/n Greenlife Golf . Urb. Elviria Hills, 29603 Marbella, Spain
+34 952 832 371
Improve this listing
Reserve with
El lago is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 844 restaurants in Marbella
Cuisines: Eclectic
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Gezza123
“Hidden Gem with real class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

I ate here twice on a recent visit to Marbella. On my first visit, there were 10 of us eating a 7 course tasting menu with matching wines. The tasting menu was superb with chicken and foie gras layered terine as the highlight. The service was excellent for such a large group.

On My second visit, my partner and I ate from the a la carte menu. The food, service. attention to detail and wine on this visit was first class. The monkfish main was cooked and seasoned to perfection and was one of the best dishes I have tasted in a long time. The wine list is extremely well priced. I had a Sauvignon Blanc from Rueda that was majestic for €28.

Overall, this place has real class and if the standards can be slightly improved in food surely a second michelen star can be added.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

87% Recommend
dublin
“Michelin star food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Went here eith 10 people for a set 7 course meal all the courses were brill with matching wines expensive but very good

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chappaqua, NY
“Good but not worth price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Went with my family of three to this Michelin starred restaurant. It was the only spot we went to in Marbella area that wasn't crowded. Maybe price is an issue. Pretty location on golf course. My fish was excellent, but my husband and son did not love the beef meals they had. Service was very good. This is creative Andalusian cuisine. Little bites were served throughout meal as well as an after dessert treat.

Visited August 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Nothing special but OK in value-for-money for terms”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

We ate at El Lago the day after trying Skina (in the Casco Antiguo / Old Town of Marbella), which also has one Michelin star. We tried the degustation menu in both places, and were not exactly blown away by the food at El Lago.

The food itself was OK though a bit boring. The portions on the menu were definitely too large, and even I struggled to eat everything (whilst my wife gave up about halfway through). Service was too slow, and our waitress looked like she was a student who had only just arrived at the restaurant.

That said - the menu is pretty good value at EUR 63/ head and the house wine (small servings though) only cost EUR 4/ glass, so it's hard to argue at those price levels. Still I'd go to Skina any time if I only had 1 night in Marbella and wanted to have some good food.

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
London
“Beautiful Views and Wonderful Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

We remembered this restaurant from the last time we were in Marbella. The setting cannot be beat and the cooking was even better than we remembered it.

A selection of olive oil with excellent bread starts the meal. Each course was inventive. Everything tasted so good. We were sorry we did not have time to go back for another meal.

Visited June 2012