“Very cool place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Marbella Heights Boutique Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Marbella Heights Boutique Hotel to your Saves list
The Marbella Heights Boutique Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Urb. Rio Real , Balcon del Golf, Parcela 97, 29603 Marbella, Spain   |
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #2 of 77 Hotels in Marbella
Jena, Alemania
“Very cool place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I found it on the internet by chance, and I have to say that after having spent a week in this wonderful hotel, , I have no words to describe how beautiful was the place, and how charming the views. The room was perfectly well decorated, the staff so thoughtful, and the common areas very cosy. I truly recomend it to everyone who want to spend some relaxing days in the south coast of Spain, in the beauty village of Marbella.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Finnish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

First and foremost, this is hard to write as Mercedes the owner is a wonderful lady and has really tried to create a beautiful hotel experience. However, she can't do this alone and it shows up (badly) if you are unfortunate enough to stay when she isn't in attendance 24/7. I am writing this for the people who make the error of booking this hotel as a luxury stay - particularly if you travel alone or would like to enjoy restful days without having to travel to the town at expense.

I booked the Marbella Heights as a real treat for a few days of R&R following my hen do with 20 girls so the descriptions on here sounded ideal - spa, great service, beautiful rooms, pool. I had been staying at the Blue Bay Banus (VERY good for the money by the way - cannot fault that hotel in Puerto Banus) but wanted some luxury before returning to the UK.

The website is misleading as this is an ok experience, not a luxury one. I must stress this is not unpleasant (apart from the food) but it is just an adequate level of hotel stay. It is not dreadful - the staff are very sweet - but NOT worth the high prices by any stretch of the imagination.

The rooms are very small (ie - my shins still bear the brunt of the bed stead as I continually bashed them as the bed really takes up the whole room so there is little room to move about). There are no japanese toiletries, there are some cheap brand spanish bits and bobs in the bathroom(was told the website was really old and I shouldn't really read into that...!!). The bathroom itself is very basic.

The beds were presented beautifully on arrival, then just turned down for the rest of my stay.

The 'honesty bar' is a nice touch if it was stocked - there wasn't even ice and never any water. No red wine for the entire stay.

The breakfast is quite good (not briliant and not 5*) but the rest of the food is HORRIFIC. I really can't stress that enough. Do not plan to stay in the hotel for an evening meal or lunch (the disadvantage to this I will go on to as the hotel is MILES from any other options) For eg a 'goats cheese salad' is essentially a bag of iceberg lettunce thrown into a bowl with bits of goats cheese melted under the grill on top (it was truly horrid)

The hotel is NOT near Marbella and not near the beach. On my own I had to pay 40 euros there and back to go to a tapas bar in the old town (as I was desperate for some non Marbella Heights food). There is no place you can stroll to. So remember - you are in a B&B and without a car a bit stranded or subject to taxi drivers charging you heavily for having to come up into the hills....

I was there to relax so wanted to stay in the grounds of the hotel for the day - however I was sat in a mess of glasses and bottles and old plates for an entire afternoon and evening one day that noone cleared. At these prices you'd expect better.

The ambience was lacking - the first day (when Mercedes was present) I was offered drinks, music was piped through the building and it felt pleasant. It was silent and serviceless the rest of the three days I stayed.

Now, Mercedes took feedback on board and did make compensation for my stay on the bill.This hotel is probably worth about 100 euros a night - but certainly not 230 euros.

I just think the reviews on here are out of date and misleading in many respects.

There is a lovely pool (not heated so couldn't attempt to swim it was so cold!) and a pretty view. It would be wonderful to have staff offering some decent service in the daytime so you can enjoy it. If you are literally staying here for breakfast and getting up and going out for the day this is an ok option for your holiday. If you want to enjoy the actual hotel it is not.

Huge apologies to Mercedes as she is truly lovely - but this is NOT an option hotel if you are alone, want to enjoy a stroll or walk to a nice bar or two, and not at all an option if you wish to dine near your bed in the evening without a big taxi bill.

Room Tip: I would say only the suite would count as a luxury experience.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

My Partner and I had the pleasure of staying 4 nights recently in this truly amazing hotel, we had a super room, Maria our host along with the other staff were exceptional. The service was beyond our expectation. We will be back VERY SOON!!!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

This was a last minute decision; we wanted to see the Sun just for a couple of days avoiding to fly too far from home. As here in Switzerland the weather was depressing, has been raining the entire month of May. So “mein Schatz” had a great idea to surprise me with this beautiful long Wkend at the boutique Hotel Marbella Heights, very well located with a gorgeous view over Marbella City and off course the See right in front of our window room.
Although our luggage did not arrive with us, the Marbella Heights Team make our staying as wonderful as possible. Very helpful and not included in the service they drove us to the Mall, so we could be able to shop some clothes until we get our luggage retrieved to us. The staffs are friendly, efficient and helpful.
So I must say BRAVO TEAM you make us feel like home, the cleanness of the room was irreproachable.
For sure will come back again . Thanks Mercedes & Team see you soon

Goetschi & Moreira

Room Tip: You will not be disappointed with any room you might chose. they are quite big enough for 2.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

My wife and i spent our honeymoon here.. We received a very warm welcome on our arrival from the manager and staff.. Beautiful villa surroundings, decor and not least the views.. We were immediately upgraded on our arrival once we mentioned it was our honeymoon.. We had a beautiful room with terrace and wonderful views.. Service was excellent throughout our stay , lovely food, friendly and relaxing atmosphere.. We would certainly stay here again, however i would recommend hiring a car because of the commute to marbella town.. I would personally like to thank mercedes and maria for making our special occassion a memorable and most enjoyable one..

• Stayed June 2013
Wilmington, DE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I booked MHBH based on the positive reviews found on tripadvisor. Although we only stayed here one night at the end of our trip in Spain, we thought it would be a nice way to round-out our vacation.

First the good, Mercedes and her staff exceeded expectations for friendliness and helpfulness. When I emailed asking if they could help with a dinner reservation in advance of our stay, they were more than willing to accommodate. The terrace and pool area are beautifully appointed and provide a nice way to spend a quiet afternoon. They serve a full hot breakfast with many offerings on an outdoor, covered patio with sea views in the distance.

Compared to other top-rated boutique hotels and B&Bs we’ve stayed, the rooms fell short. Although the room was spotless and nicely decorated, a firm mattress and flat pillows made for a less than restful sleep. We found the Java room to be cramped. It’s tolerable for a shorter stay, but could be an issue for a longer visit. The shower offered good pressure, but soaked the floor and sink areas. No bottled water is available in the rooms. The hotel also had a strong perfume smell throughout the main level, which distracted from the otherwise pleasant ambiance.

One final note, the tripadvisor “on the beach” classification for the hotel is a bit misleading and could cause disappointment for some. The hotel is located at the back of a lovely, quiet neighborhood and is perched up high, allowing for wonderful sea and mountain views. It’s about a 1 mile drive to the beach.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We travel worldwide and often, although this was our first time in Spain; we always choose 4-5 star properties and this small, boutique hotel didn't disappoint! From the Champagne on arrival, to the sumptuous beds.
Mercedes has done a fabulous job of creating a luxury hotel with a real intimate feel. The service was second to non and although there is a host on site, Mercedes does not interfere with guests, simply allows them opportunity to ask questions and ensure every request is made possible.
The pool and terrace are really very beautifully appointed, looking over the hills and out to the coast.
We loved the quiet location, away from the town, however a very short drive and you can be sitting in anyone of 100's of local restaurants in the old town streets, or on the beach front.
This has to be one of the best hotel venues in Marbella.
100% recommendation to anyone, we may well return and book all the rooms for our family and friends, it was that great!
Thank you Mercedes.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Been to The Marbella Heights Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!