“I had a really good stay” 4 of 5 stars

Hostal Berlin
c/ San Ramon, 21, 29600 Marbella, Spain   |
Ranked #28 of 77 Hotels in Marbella
Reykjavik, Iceland
“I had a really good stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

I stayed there for 6 nights, and I think I got a good value for my money. Staff was really nice and room was good ( I actually got to choose between 2 rooms when I arrrived )
I can surely recommend this place and the location is superb...

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
HOSTALBERLIN, Recepción at Hostal Berlin, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Thank you Iris for your opinion.

If you ever come back to Marbella, you know where you can find us. You will be welcome!

Best wishes,
Cynthia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Prague, Czech Republic
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I just returned from my holiday in Marbella. I have chosen hostal Berlin for 10 days. Big mistake! Holiday time is a time when you expect to recieve a nice night sleep but not possible in this hostel. I have stayed with hostel Berlin many times so I consider my self as regular guest. I have booked a room via ebookers and upon my arrival I was given a room with no window and view to others toilets. You do not give a bad room to someone who will stay for so long. For the whole stay I had to listen to very noisy people. Room was extremly smelly and bathroom was so small you could not even turn around. Not everyone enjoy listen to others while they are spending time on the toilet. Considering I am regular visitor to Marbella specially in hostal Berlin I expected to be appreciated as a guest. Instead on my departure I got very very bad attitude and they tried to make me pay more money for something I did not book only requested! Certainly they did not go the extra mile to be nice. I work in hotel industry for many years and understand how things work (it is not possible always please everyone in every aspect) but treat a guest this way I found it very upsetting! I could not be more disapointed. Upon departure there was no thank you, or we are sorry Nothing! Just only spanish talking between each other and just rudeness. It completly ruined my whole impression of these people! I will certainly never go back and never will recommend this place to any of my friends. Plus one thing which I really did not like is they have a dog who is sitting in public area where guest sitting as well. Well I love dogs but not everyone enjoy having hairy clothes. Hostal Berlin is ok for one or two nights but not more than that. There are much nicer places to stay in Marbella. Big dissapointment.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
HOSTALBERLIN, Propietario at Hostal Berlin, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
we are very sorry but we are not taking this review in any point, fourth time you come fourth time you complain, considering the rest of our magnific reviews i should say maybe you have a big problem, nothing that we can solve really. best wishes
uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

wonderful location,quiet pretty street of the main road. 5mins walk from old town and beach. Owners warm and welcoming. Single Room clean,spacious with own bathroom.Great value for money. Highly recommend. :-)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
kent england
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Just returned from a 3 night stay Marbella at this Hostal.
The rooms were very small and cramped but since was there for 3 nights wasnt a big issue. Luckily we took the lap top so could watch tv as of course their tv was all spanish.
Good thing im not fat because the shower was tiny!!!!!!!!!! Could not move in there.
The staff esp the daughter were very friendly and always willing to help. One man came in to our room at 11pm wanting a remote! Good thing we were dressed! Hope he worked there!
Overall a good place to stay for a few days but no longer than that.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Perfectly situated for the old town and literally 5 minutes walk from the beach. Every single member of staff was very friendly and always glad to help. The room was kept very clean, towels changed every day and bedding changed frequently too. The shower whilst small, worked well and the Aircon was just brilliant. Furniture is spartan, but that was to be expected, it's not a hotel.
A family run business, who treated me as one of their own, headed by Ximena, who is an absolute gem of a girl and a mine of information on anything you need to know, it stands out she loves what she does.
I traveled solo and stayed 11 nights, it was the perfect place for me and I couldn't recommend it more highly.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
HOSTALBERLIN, Propietario at Hostal Berlin, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
dear Steve,

its been a pleasure to meet you!! we have really enjoyed your stay with us! we welcome you back any time and wish you all the best, also look forward for some nice curry when we go to scotland ;) ! big hug, Ximena
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

I'm more of a 5star hotel person, but we're on a 'budget' holiday so I was looking on a hostel website. The location looked central and the reviews of this place were good, so we gave it a try.

The hotel is very clean, and feels very safe. There is always someone in reception and they are always happy to help. They speak excellent English.

The rooms are basic, but the beds and very comfy! If I hadn't have felt like I'd be wasting my holiday if have slept in until dinner!

The location is really good, quick (2-5min) walk to old town in one direction and beach in he other.

I'd happily stay here again. It's great value, and I'm no longer such a snob.

Thanks very much hostal Berlin!

• Stayed August 2013
HOSTALBERLIN, Propietario at Hostal Berlin, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
thank you so much for your review, we really apreciate it! its the best feeling to know our job is correctly done! thanks again!

XImena
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

The Berlin illustrates the fact that a great hotel is not made from the number of stars, but rather from the perfect combination of factors; Clean rooms, good airco, 5 minutes from promenade, beach, and old town - and great service from the staff who are genuinely friendly and helpful.

Highly recommended by an experienced traveller on holiday with wife and two teenage daughters.

Many Thanks Ximena!

Patrick.

Room Tip: Recommend the rooms with balcony and separate bathroom.