“Surprisingly good!” 4 of 5 stars

€50 (EUR)
Ranked #28 of 77 hotels in Marbella
“Surprisingly good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

I'm more of a 5star hotel person, but we're on a 'budget' holiday so I was looking on a hostel website. The location looked central and the reviews of this place were good, so we gave it a try.

The hotel is very clean, and feels very safe. There is always someone in reception and they are always happy to help. They speak excellent English.

The rooms are basic, but the beds and very comfy! If I hadn't have felt like I'd be wasting my holiday if have slept in until dinner!

The location is really good, quick (2-5min) walk to old town in one direction and beach in he other.

I'd happily stay here again. It's great value, and I'm no longer such a snob.

Thanks very much hostal Berlin!

• Stayed August 2013
HOSTALBERLIN, Propietario at Hostal Berlin, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
thank you so much for your review, we really apreciate it! its the best feeling to know our job is correctly done! thanks again!

XImena

51 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

The Berlin illustrates the fact that a great hotel is not made from the number of stars, but rather from the perfect combination of factors; Clean rooms, good airco, 5 minutes from promenade, beach, and old town - and great service from the staff who are genuinely friendly and helpful.

Highly recommended by an experienced traveller on holiday with wife and two teenage daughters.

Many Thanks Ximena!

Patrick.

Room Tip: Recommend the rooms with balcony and separate bathroom.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
HOSTALBERLIN, Propietario at Hostal Berlin, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
thank you so much for your review! it has been such a pleasure to meet you and your family! I really apreciate so interesting talks we had! we wish you the best for you all!
regards
XImena
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

My friend and I are just home from a 4 night stay.
We found this hotel on Ryanair website when we booked our flights - it was fantastic value!

The Hostal is a short walk to ‘Old Town’, Marbella.
We had such a friendly welcome – and nothing was too much trouble!
Our room was very clean and the air-con extremely welcoming and efficient!
There are en-suite rooms, but we had a room with a balcony over the front entrance and a key to our very own bathroom on the landing. Despite our initial hesitation – this proved an excellent choice and we were still completely private.
Considering how central the Hostal is, and how busy – we found it very quiet.
Our twin beds were very clean and extremely comfortable.
Breakfast was served downstairs in the communal room, which is just like someone’s living room!This was 3euros each and consisted of orange juice, breads/toast and croissants and lovely coffee – kept us going for hours!
The location is fantastic for walking to the beach, Old Town, and a wide choice of restaurants!
There is a pub just a 100yards away, used by the locals, in which we had a ‘nightcap’ each night!
We felt very safe walking around the area day and night!
Our only negative is that there is no lift and we were on the 2nd floor. Also cars cannot reach the front door – we had to be dropped off by shuttle or taxi and walk up San Ramon with our luggage – but it’s not far.
To Do:
We recommend the catamaran from Marbella front to Puerto Banus – sit and have a sangria and lunch in one of the restaurants overlooking the beach... 15 euros return – a lovely trip.
Also recommend a great buffet meal at a Chinese restaurant 200 yards from Hostal Belrin– get vouchers on a town map from the hotel (6:30 euros on a weekday!).
A classy Italian meal can be had at Casa Tua in Old Town...
A great stay, fantastic location and excellent value!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

My bridesmaids and I are just home from a 3 night stay here and could not have been happier with the accommodation. We were looking for somewhere cheap for a last minute break before my wedding. For the money the place is better than you could imagine and also the friendly and helpful service we received was a definite highlight for us. We had a 2 and 3 person room which had plenty of space for our requirements, our towels were refreshed daily and the place was spotless. It is up a lovely wee pedestrian street in the old town and the beach is no more than 5 minutes away. The Hostal owners gave us great food recommendations and allowed us to eat somewhere different every night, off the beaten track from the usual tourist spots. I would stay there again if I was to go back to Marbella and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Just returned from 8 days in this very nice guest house. Immediately I arrived I was offered choice of 2 rooms. I was very happy with my choice which had a balcony overlooking the pedestrian only street. It was a bit cold in the evenings but I need not have worried as there was a very efficient electric radiator provided and always extra blankets.. The family who owned the hostal made me feel very welcome. The whole establishment was absolutely spotlessly clean too.The position could not have been better, just on the edge of the old town and close to the seafront. A special thanks to Ximena who always had time for a chat and spoke perfect English. There was no English TV on the flat screen TV in the bedroom but you could always watch English BBC news in the downstairs area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
HOSTALBERLIN, Propietario at Hostal Berlin, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
thanks so much Alan for your review!!, we appreciate also the lovely talks we had and wish you the best, you are welcome any time! best regards
Ximena
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I spent three nights in this Hostal & I will say that the accommodation, for the price, exceeded my expectations by at least double. I was travelling alone so had a single room ensuite. The room was spotlessly clean and the bed & linen was extremely comfortable. I had three great nights sleep. I had fresh towells each day and the room was cleaned each day to the same standard as when I arrived. The staff were amazingly helpful and polite & helped me to the extreme even when I had a small problem with a Taxi journey. The location is perfect. Just accross from the beach and right next to the Old Town. If I return to Marbella I won't even consider staying anywhere else.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear Simon, thanks so much for your review, we are pleased also meeting you, we welcome you back anytime and wish you all the best

regards
Ximena
Salford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We stayed in hostal Berlin last week and had a great stay.
The staff were friendly and helpful, with always a smile on their face.
The location is ideal, it's close to local shops and 5 minutes away from the beach.
Our room was clean and had its own bathroom which is really nice for an hostel, the shower is a little small and their dog barks a lot in the morning but overall we really enjoyed staying in hostal Berlin, a good quality price hostel.
I'll recommend it to friends.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hostal Berlin? Share your experiences!