“Friendly, fantastic location and excellent value!” 4 of 5 stars

Hostal Berlin
c/ San Ramon, 21, 29600 Marbella, Spain   |
Ranked #28 of 77 Hotels in Marbella
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Friendly, fantastic location and excellent value!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

My friend and I are just home from a 4 night stay.
We found this hotel on Ryanair website when we booked our flights - it was fantastic value!

The Hostal is a short walk to ‘Old Town’, Marbella.
We had such a friendly welcome – and nothing was too much trouble!
Our room was very clean and the air-con extremely welcoming and efficient!
There are en-suite rooms, but we had a room with a balcony over the front entrance and a key to our very own bathroom on the landing. Despite our initial hesitation – this proved an excellent choice and we were still completely private.
Considering how central the Hostal is, and how busy – we found it very quiet.
Our twin beds were very clean and extremely comfortable.
Breakfast was served downstairs in the communal room, which is just like someone’s living room!This was 3euros each and consisted of orange juice, breads/toast and croissants and lovely coffee – kept us going for hours!
The location is fantastic for walking to the beach, Old Town, and a wide choice of restaurants!
There is a pub just a 100yards away, used by the locals, in which we had a ‘nightcap’ each night!
We felt very safe walking around the area day and night!
Our only negative is that there is no lift and we were on the 2nd floor. Also cars cannot reach the front door – we had to be dropped off by shuttle or taxi and walk up San Ramon with our luggage – but it’s not far.
To Do:
We recommend the catamaran from Marbella front to Puerto Banus – sit and have a sangria and lunch in one of the restaurants overlooking the beach... 15 euros return – a lovely trip.
Also recommend a great buffet meal at a Chinese restaurant 200 yards from Hostal Belrin– get vouchers on a town map from the hotel (6:30 euros on a weekday!).
A classy Italian meal can be had at Casa Tua in Old Town...
A great stay, fantastic location and excellent value!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

My bridesmaids and I are just home from a 3 night stay here and could not have been happier with the accommodation. We were looking for somewhere cheap for a last minute break before my wedding. For the money the place is better than you could imagine and also the friendly and helpful service we received was a definite highlight for us. We had a 2 and 3 person room which had plenty of space for our requirements, our towels were refreshed daily and the place was spotless. It is up a lovely wee pedestrian street in the old town and the beach is no more than 5 minutes away. The Hostal owners gave us great food recommendations and allowed us to eat somewhere different every night, off the beaten track from the usual tourist spots. I would stay there again if I was to go back to Marbella and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Just returned from 8 days in this very nice guest house. Immediately I arrived I was offered choice of 2 rooms. I was very happy with my choice which had a balcony overlooking the pedestrian only street. It was a bit cold in the evenings but I need not have worried as there was a very efficient electric radiator provided and always extra blankets.. The family who owned the hostal made me feel very welcome. The whole establishment was absolutely spotlessly clean too.The position could not have been better, just on the edge of the old town and close to the seafront. A special thanks to Ximena who always had time for a chat and spoke perfect English. There was no English TV on the flat screen TV in the bedroom but you could always watch English BBC news in the downstairs area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
HOSTALBERLIN, Propietario at Hostal Berlin, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
thanks so much Alan for your review!!, we appreciate also the lovely talks we had and wish you the best, you are welcome any time! best regards
Ximena
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I spent three nights in this Hostal & I will say that the accommodation, for the price, exceeded my expectations by at least double. I was travelling alone so had a single room ensuite. The room was spotlessly clean and the bed & linen was extremely comfortable. I had three great nights sleep. I had fresh towells each day and the room was cleaned each day to the same standard as when I arrived. The staff were amazingly helpful and polite & helped me to the extreme even when I had a small problem with a Taxi journey. The location is perfect. Just accross from the beach and right next to the Old Town. If I return to Marbella I won't even consider staying anywhere else.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear Simon, thanks so much for your review, we are pleased also meeting you, we welcome you back anytime and wish you all the best

regards
Ximena
Salford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We stayed in hostal Berlin last week and had a great stay.
The staff were friendly and helpful, with always a smile on their face.
The location is ideal, it's close to local shops and 5 minutes away from the beach.
Our room was clean and had its own bathroom which is really nice for an hostel, the shower is a little small and their dog barks a lot in the morning but overall we really enjoyed staying in hostal Berlin, a good quality price hostel.
I'll recommend it to friends.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I stayed here for two nights of a long weekend trip I took with my sister in May. We stayed in another boutique hotel on the same street for our 1st two nights before deciding to stay on an extra two nights last minutes but we needed somewhere cheaper so we popped into this Hostal and asked to view a room if their was one available. They luckily had 4 available and let us look at them all before choosing. The staff were so helpful and friendly. We could not believe the value for money in this Hostal, it really is of hotel standard!
The rooms are not fancy but are well equipped, clean and comfortable. I notice other people found the shower small but to us it was standard European size and did us just fine. The location of thus hotel is fabulous a 5min walk to the beach, old town, plenty of shops,bars and restaurants and a short taxi journey to Peurto Banus.
The breakfast was really tasty too and only €3 each I think! We are planning to return here with friends next year. It definitely opened my eyes to staying in a Hostal!

• Stayed May 2012
Madrid, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

I spent 2 nights at the hostel with two friends in a triple room. The room wasn't too big but it had its own bathroom. Room was equiped with AC which is very important during the summer in Marbella. The best thing of this hostel is the location in Marbella city center.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hostal Berlin? Share your experiences!