Good points: pool areas,
Bad points: fly infestation, crappy 'welcome gift', overpriced, limited internet acccess
The nicest hotel I have stayed in to date but that came at a price (130 euros per night plus taxes). That was for a room with a sea view (but it was not a frontal view, rather a side view of a stagnant pond, rusty bridge and beach). I certainly don't feel that I got value for money as the price didn't include breakfast.
I guess if you choose this place you are attracted to the photos of the pool areas. These lived up to expectations and I spent three fantastic days topping up my tan by the pool. The only downside was that there was a nasty infestation of flies that constantly prevented pieceful sunbathing. This is probably down to the amount of manure used to maintain the gardens or due to nests not being exterminated by the groundsmen.
The accomodation was very comfortable and spacious with nice bathrooms. The hotel is a ten-fifteen minute walks from the port where all the shops and restaurants are. It is a short walk to the beach but the quickest route is via a dirty little car park next to the hotel.
I guess if you have more money than sense this hotel might be the place for you. No doubt the more expensive rooms are more spacious and have better views-if you can afford it why not...
I found the 'welcome gift' (a cheap set of candles) a bit insulting given that I am a man and had paid quite a bit to stay there. All the staff are interested in is selling you a membership to the Melis chain's vacation club. They even called our room to tell us a presentation was about to start.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Marbella Banus Hotel Marbella
- Melia Marbella Banus Hotel
- Sol Melia Marbella
- Sol Melia Marbella Dinamar
- Melia Marbella Dinamar
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The recently renovated Meliá Marbella Banús Hotel is located right in the heart of Puerto Banús, along the famous ”Golden Mile”, next to the beach. The hotel is only 45 minutes from Malaga Airport and 6 km from the charms of the ancient heart of Marbella. In the heart of the "Costa del Golf", and surrounded by some of the finest golf courses in the area, all available at a special discount. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Splendia, Melia, Tingo, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Otel and Venere so you can book your Melia Marbella Banus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.