We stayed in this hotel in early June and were very happy with the hotel.
The hotel is located around a 10 minute walk from the marina so was ideally located. I have stayed in a few other hotels in Puerto Banus and really rate both the hotel and location.
We stayed in a standard room which had a lovely view of the mountain and the pool. The room was spotless and the cleaners were excellent and very friendly.
Both pools were lovely and had plenty of sunbeds for everyone. Like all hotels there was the problem of people reserving beds with their towels and not returning for hours but this wasn't really an issue until the hotel got slightly busier closer to the weekend.
The sunbeds were very comfortable and there was plenty of space to move about depending on whether you wanted to stay in the shade or the sun.
The pool was cold but not so cold you couldnt swim in it. I would imagine by July/August you would be glad of the relief of a cold pool!
Breakfast was great with plenty of tables for everyone and a huge choice of breakfast foods available.
We didnt book a level room and were happy with this choice as there was no space outside for anyone in the level lounge to eat/drink outside.
A few other reviewers mentioned noise in the hotel at night but this is not something i experienced at all despite my room being located close to the lifts.
I would also like to mention that i had no issues with the staff, they were mostly helpful and polite. However during check in we were given our keys but not told what direction to go in to find the rooms so this is perhaps something they could improve on.
Check out was quite slow even though there was only 1 person in front of us and there only appeared to be one person working on reception at that time.
Overall I really enjoyed my stay in the hotel and am looking forward to returning in the near future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The recently renovated Meliá Marbella Banús Hotel is located right in the heart of Puerto Banús, along the famous ”Golden Mile”, next to the beach. The hotel is only 45 minutes from Malaga Airport and 6 km from the charms of the ancient heart of Marbella. In the heart of the "Costa del Golf", and surrounded by some of the finest golf courses in the area, all available at a special discount. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Splendia, Melia, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Melia Marbella Banus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Marbella Banus Hotel Marbella
- Sol Melia Marbella Dinamar
- Melia Marbella Dinamar