There is nothing wrong with this hotel, the rooms are clean, a reasonable size and everything works, it also has parking and free WiFi but that is about it.
Other reviewers praise it's location so I wrongly assumed it was close to places where we could pop out for breakfast. It is a good 15 minute walk from Puerto Banus (quite a nice walk but a long way for a coffee) and three miles in the other direction to Marbella proper.
The staff on reception were very helpful and the swimming pools looked good but the whole place lacks any character whatsoever. It is a big modern hotel, great for a business trip, not so good for a holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The recently renovated Meliá Marbella Banús Hotel is located right in the heart of Puerto Banús, along the famous ”Golden Mile”, next to the beach. The hotel is only 45 minutes from Malaga Airport and 6 km from the charms of the ancient heart of Marbella. In the heart of the "Costa del Golf", and surrounded by some of the finest golf courses in the area, all available at a special discount. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline, Melia, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Otel, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Melia Marbella Banus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Marbella Banus Hotel Marbella
- Sol Melia Marbella Dinamar
- Melia Marbella Dinamar