“Great food, price and service” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese, Spanish, Tapas, Thai, Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Malaga
“Great food, price and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

We celebrated a family gathering at Casa rePepe and the choice of venue could not have been better.

Loved the food, the service was top notch, and, what's best, we had a wonderful time.

Fully recommended

• Visited April 2013

84% Recommend
San Francisco, California
“Contemporary Spanish Tapas with Soul.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

"Oh, that place looks cute. We should try it!" I'm so glad my husband and I just happened to drive past Casa rePepe one night during our visit to Marbella. We were first attracted by the eyecatching and well-designed exterior and then by other glowing reviews here on tripadvisor, so we decided to give the place a shot.

Asis, the owner, who was also our host and server, made stellar recommendations, including the iced Ajo Blanco soup, the Croquetas (cod, morcilla, and chicken curry), casa rePepe Salad (basil & strawberries), Tuna Tataki, Ox Carpaccio, and more. Not only were all of our dishes delicious, but they were also thoughtfully prepared and exquisitely presented.

I'm often weary of cuisine that's described as "fusion" or "contemporary," especially in a place as rich in culinary culture as Spain. But let me tell you, this food had SOUL. With every bite, we could taste the passion, guts, and nod to tradition put into each dish.

My husband and I were so thoroughly impressed by this restaurant, its owner, its staff, its SERVICE (which is hard to come by in Europe) and its food, that we decided to return and enjoy our last meal in Spain here! Yes, Marbella is full of other tapas bars - delicious and notable at that - but there's something special about Casa rePepe and I'd encourage anyone visiting the area to stop in for an unforgettable dining experience.

USA
“An unforgettable dining experience (in a good way)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

If you find yourself in Marbella (or anywhere else along Spain's Costa del Sol), then do yourself a favor and head to Casa rePepe for a meal (or seven). After stumbling into this gem while on our honeymoon, my wife and I can confidently say that Asis Lamba's modern-yet-faithful-to-tradition tapas bar is one of our new favorite restaurants... in the world.

Our experiences at Casa rePepe were nothing short of unforgettable (we ate there twice during our trip). After having suffered from some, let's say "less than stellar," service throughout Europe, Asis and his team blew us away with the simple, yet valuable gesture of checking up on us every once in a while. They asked us if we needed anything and made sure that we were enjoying every course we were served. More than that, though, Asis (the owner, himself) took the time to get to know my wife and me, understand our tastes, and offer thoughtful recommendations of dishes -- all of which turned out to be delicious and beautifully plated. At the risk of sounding like a fake reviewer-bot, I'll say that we were disappointed by not a single plate at Casa rePepe.

When we told Asis that we were visiting nearby Puerto Banus, he suggested we try the famed La Moraga -- a restaurant that he openly admires. Sure, we enjoyed La Moraga, but honestly we felt that Casa rePepe put it to shame by a mile.... which is why we decided to return to Casa rePepe for the last meal of our trip. If that's not a powerful statement, I don't know what is!

Some of my favorite dishes include: Ajo blanco (I dream about this dish at night), Ox carpaccio, croquettes (all 3 kinds), Ensalada rePepe, Tuna tataki, and Ceviche.

My only recommendation: Churros con chocolate, por favor!

Brussels, Belgium
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Innovative international cuisine with the roots of spanish traditions. The outside is eyecatching, the inside has personality, and the food is a must. When I was there my motto was "Yo aqui me estoy, no me movo". Try it to understand what I a mean...

• Visited March 2013
Ireland
“WOW! Amazing and great value! Just opened!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

We come to Marbella every year. We were recommended to try this brand new restaurant and were delighted with it. The most exquisite and tasty food! Right up there w la Messina except its so much cheaper! Ases is the owner and he made wonderful recommendations! We ate last night and are going straight back tonight again! Loved it!