“they don't want you in their house” 1 of 5 stars

Hostal La Pilarica
San Cristobal, 31, 29600 Marbella, Spain   |
Ranked #18 of 25 Marbella B&B and Inns
Dublin, Ireland
“they don't want you in their house”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

the couple,especially the woman were unfriendly but I thought just language barrier(extreme as I speak French and Italian as well as English)Their wifi not working( I was booking my accomodation on a daily rolling basis to check few places while on solo buisness trip before coming back with kids)but I arranged second night. she wrote down price (40 euro)and delayed me a bit (no breakfast big rigmarole and very hostile)for my conference when she asked another guest to talk to me about wifi code..It was abit like being with irritable, elderly relatives and you have to be polite.I really decide to stay second night as I hadnt done my ususl web search the first nightwith them and was having long day at conference.BUT on my return from conference late(2200hrs) my bag had been removed from the room and "plena"it was now 10 o clock at night and much shrugging,shouting later,two other guest s came to my rescue.my medical kit was missing from luggage and the man reluctantly allowed a check of the room(clearly unoccupied)one of the 2 guys(other guests) who helped me said she had mediterranean temperment.we stayed with elderly couples in agritourisms in Italy and Greece who welcomed us like grandparents.They didnt have any English either but were well able to communicate.This is a very bizarre situation, not explained by language barrier.I also stayed at il castillo in marbella (very helpful not fluent by any means but willing to help and advise) and the hostal on the same street as il pilarica had alovely guy who (thankfully) gave me room after my horrible experience in il pilarica.also hotel plaza marbella in san pedro were great for help but their place bit far for my conference.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Travelers also viewed these Marbella hotels
Princesa Playa Hotel Apartamentos
Hostal Berlin
Hostal Berlin
#32 of 79 in Marbella
4.0 of 5 stars 70 reviews

Been to Hostal La Pilarica? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hostal La Pilarica

Address: San Cristobal, 31, 29600 Marbella, Spain
Location: Spain > Andalucia > Province of Malaga > Costa del Sol > Marbella
Ranked #18 of 25 B&Bs / Inns in Marbella
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Hostal La Pilarica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Hostal La Pilarica, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.