“Pitch and put” 2 of 5 stars

Manchester, United Kingdom
84 attraction reviews
“Pitch and put”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

if you want to have a testing pitch and put round this is what it is. It doesn't really pretend to be any more than a course squeezed into a garden under a (great) restaurant but good for practicing rather than a full golfing experience.
watty

Visited October 2012

Exeter, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
“Golf is ok, but come here for lunch or dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I've played the nine hole course a few times and it's ok. The reason I keep coming back though (and often without my golf bag) is the restaurant and the large bar.

First of all, you can get swedish meatballs here with cream sauce, lingonberry jam and mashed potatoes for under 10€ on the lunch menu. Yes please!

The views are great. If it's warm enough (it is most of the summer) reserve a table outside before you come and enjoy the view which is spectacular. The food is also great. It's reasonably priced for the quality (7-14 for a starter, 15-25 for a main, 15-30 for most wines) and the menu has something for everyone. The sea food pasta or just a good steak (medium rare) are my usual choices. If I come for lunch (that would be saturday or sunday noon) I always start with a toast skagen followed by meatballs. You might not find it on the menu, but the place used to be swedish owned (and maybe the new owners are as well I don't know) but I've asked for it several times, and they've always smiled and made sure I got what I wanted.

I've taken my friends here a few evenings as well when we want to feel like boys and we drink brandy and expensive red wine. We usually tip more these nights as well.... Maybe that's why the waiters always smile and greet me with a handshake when I visit.. This place will always be my special "go-to" place when I want something tried and tested which I know is really good. You need to get a taxi here btw. It's not walking distance to anything.

Visited June 2012