“Good hotel. Alcohol-free. Pork meet-free.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Alanda Hotel Marbella

You added Alanda Hotel Marbella to your Saves list
Alanda Hotel Marbella
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Blvd Principe Alfonso Von Hohenlohe | Ctra Nacional 340, Km 172, 29600 Marbella, Spain (Formerly NH Alanda)   |
Ranked #38 of 77 Hotels in Marbella
“Good hotel. Alcohol-free. Pork meet-free.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

In general the hotel is comfortable. Alcohol is not served by the staff, although... yo can buy your own bottle of wine and the keep it for you and you can drink your wine.
The breakfast is very good.

Room Tip: If you can choose, ask for a room as far as possible from the road.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2014

I recently stayed @ the Alanda Hotel for the second time this year, on arrival I was greeted with welcome back, (the little things matter to me), which was nice to hear taking into account all the guests that must pass through the hotel,

I found again all the staff to be very polite and pleasant and that enhances your stay anywhere.

Good pool area, although sun beds need mattresses as very hard and uncomfortable. Bed rooms are very nice and spacious with good bathrooms.

Cannot be beaten for value for money in my opinion.

To conclude, good all-round, service, food and rooms!

Room Tip: Choose superior room or Suite
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Lincoln
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2014

Just got back from a last minute holiday booked at the Alanda hotel. Travelled with my 22 year old son, and we had a lovely chilled week.

This hotel is midway between Marbella and Puerto Banus. We were able to walk to one or the other each evening. A lovely walk along the promenade about 40 minutes each way.

The hotel is alcohol free, which wasn't a problem to us as we went out in the evenings.

We stayed half board, which was excellent value on our late deal. We could eat in the restaurant later in the evening for a more formal dinner, or as we did most days, ate at the pool cafe which offered a good range of meals up until 6pm, all freshly cooked.

The breakfast buffet offered a huge choice as previous reviews have stated.

The room was spacious, beautifully clean.
We were on the top floor in the main block, and although you could hear some of the traffic it wasn't a problem.

The pool area was lovely and fairly quiet at this time of year. The pool itself was a bit chilly for my liking, but my son ventured in occasionally.

We were here at the end of the season, and found staff to be friendly and helpful.
Thank you for a lovely week.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
sheffield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2014

Can't fault this hotel rooms very clean and modern, great location only 9euro in a taxi to Peuto Banus 5 min walk to beach. we never found it a problem that they don't sell alcohol as we went out every night, lovely pool area , in fact we loved it that much we have booked for next year.

Room Tip: Would request a room in the main building
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Keswick, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2014

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for three nights at the beginning on October. The hotel is beautiful and wonderfully kept, the staff were very friendly and helpful. But as we checked in we were told it was taken over by a Muslim family and alcohol wasn't served within the hotel, we found this a shame as we like a drink with our meals and by the pool. We found that during the day there was no people around the hotel apart from staff, the pool area was very quiet I think this could be to with the no alcohol rule. Breakfast was fantastic, great choice of fruit, meats, breads and hot foods. The room over all was lovely and very modern but the bathroom door was frosted glass and wouldnt close properly, not to great! The lighting system in the room was so confusing about 20 different buttons to press. Over all the hotel was lovely but if you like a drink on your holiday this isn't the hotel for you.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2014

This hotel used to be part of the NH chain, and has rebranded. It didnt bother me that there was no alcohol, as I am out all the time, but it was very frustrating having stayed there as an NH hotel, to turn up and discover the parking policy had changed and they now charge 10E a day. Ridiculous when you can park right outsside and next door for free. Anyway the breakfast is great, the rooms are large and clean, with excellent bathrooms. Again frustrating to discover after 7 nights there, that if I wanted to delay my check out they were going to charge 10E an hour after 1pm. I think after a week somewhere, a little flexibility would be nice, so for the change in the parking charges, and the lack of flexibility in check out charges, to a week long client, I probably wouldnt rush back on my next visit, but if I was a first time visitor, and made sure I parked outside, the location of this is great for Puerto Banus and Marbella.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
Lexington, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

If you don't drink alcohol and aren't after great luxury this is the hotel for you. It seems very family friendly; the rooms are clean and quiet, and the landscaping and amenities like the pool are quite nice. I had the bad luck to be situated under the penthouse, and someone upstairs was bouncing a ball up there, but you get inconsiderate neighbors anywhere. the people at the front desk were very helpful. Internet service was slow to non-existent. I was there on business and my client picked up the bill so no comment on prices.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Been to Alanda Hotel Marbella? Share your experiences!