“Very good food” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese
La Cala de Mijas, Spain
“Very good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

We went for a drive and ended up in Elvira
There was many places to eat but we decided on Chinese
It wasn't very busy and did wonder
But we were very delighted with the food
We had spring rolls to start and honestly were the best I've ever had
I had Singapore noodles and they were excellent
My husband had the sweet and sour chicken and after tasting the sauce wasn't sure but it really was brilliant
Cannot fault the food it was so good and will for sure be back
I think many people compare food to what they are used to in the uk but you have to have an open mind
We will return soon that's for sure

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Hexham, United Kingdom
“Great value for money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

From the moment we arrived this restaurant delivered a great welcome and meal to follow. Attention from the staff was excellent and the quality of food high.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Warwick, United Kingdom
“Fabulous food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

We don't usually eat Chinese food on holiday but this particular evening we were very hungry and fell across this lovely restaurant. We sat outside to make the most of the evening sun and we were very well looked after. The food was delicious and there was plenty of it. We were even given a complimentary drink after our meal.
I have eaten in any Chinese restaurants in various places but this is one of the best.

Visited August 2013
Stirling, United Kingdom
“Decent food, but seriously needing a facelift! Lovely staff!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

I was actually very disappointed with my visit to the Dragon del Mar recently.
I ordered chicken noodle soup and the sizzling beef, but ended up with chicken chow mein and sizzling beef. Also, ordering gluten-free dishes for a dining coeliac was very difficult!

I felt that, despite the confusion, the food was very good, albeit slightly oily for my taste.

However, the decor was severely lacking. The place definitely needs a facelift and has a very old, dreary look around it, like a place that hasn't moved with the time!
In truth, I felt that the toilets were the nicest decorated (actually very modern and nice!) but these were the best part of the restaurant!
(Also not to be picky, but neon lights are tacky...)

For a place that is in the very affluent Puerto Banús area, this restaurant doesn't really meet the same standard as some of its competitors. Although I personally, wouldn't go back after my experience, I think that if you are just looking for a decent, quick, cheap(ish) meal, give it a go. Your experience may be different!

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“service was fast, very friendly, excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

was all inclusive in local hotel and food was very very poor, on passing dragon several times and seeing lovely plates of food we decided to stop. The greeting was very friendly and very efficient when the food came we were both shocked very good sized portions for your money and food was delicious, as it was lunch time one meat dish and one rice dish was ample for the both of us. Wish we'd called here earlier in our stay

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere