Just came back from a one week stay at Alanda Club. We had a really wonderful time. The weather was brilliant, nice and warm in the day, cool but not freezing at night.
We booked our room through Interval international and got a really nice rate.
The staff at the hotel was friendly and when we had an issue it was resolved promptly. The unit we stayed in was a 2 bedroom. Nice and big inside, three bathrooms each with a shower and only the main bedroom had a bathtub. The bedrooms are not spacious but they are not cramped either. Our unit had a largish safe and also had a security alarm panel which we only noticed on the third day and so we didn't really bother to use it. Not used to those kinds of security measures any more but it did make me wonder if crime was an issue. The beds aren't great. They're hard and even the "bed" in the main bedroom is actually two beds pushed together. That said, we slept well and was not uncomfortable.
When we arrived we found some coffee, tea, sugar, a small packet of dish washing liquid and dishwasher powder. In the fridge there was 1l milk, some orange juice and some bottled water. We we're well impressed with this. Another nice touch was the robes we found in the bathroom. They're not great but was nice to have.
The indoor pool is not always heated.
- There is a Supersol and slightly smaller Opencor across the highway, 5 mins walk, from the resort.
- The bus that runs along the highway is the 220. I don't think there is any information on this bus on the interwebs. We found the bus to be fairly reliable and used it often. I think there is a bus 3 times an hour or so. The bus also run fairly regularly on public(bank) holidays as we found out.
- Elviria is 10 miles from Marbella (€1.43 per person on the bus) and Fuengirola is 18 miles in the other direction (€1.92 ninety-something anyway). Shorter trips are less. We took the bus to Marbella city center (asking for "Mabeja centro" will do it) and then the L1(L3 will also work) to La Canada(Alcampo or Auchan as we know it. Proper shopping!). This was (€1.05). I was also charged €1.18 once.
- The closest pharmacy, which is also a 24hr pharmacy, is in Artola. Two or three stops towards Malaga
- Taxis are expensive. When we had to go to the pharmacy the first time we were in a rush and we ended up paying around €15 for trip that would have cost €2.10 with the bus. O, well...
- UK to South Europe power adapter is €3 at reception and €2.50 at the Supersol 5 mins walk away. Just so you know.
- The locks on the bathroom door gave me quite a chuckle.
Anyway, a nice stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the heart of the Costa del Sol in the town of Marbella, a benchmark in high-level tourism, our Resort offers 150 exclusive apartments decorated in two different styles with all the comforts and luxuries you might want: Indoor swimming pool, Jacuzzi, sauna, gymnasium... And just a few metres from the beach and the Elviria shopping and leisure area; these are just some of the advantages you can enjoy at Alanda Club Marbella. Spacious apartments conceived for families and groups of friends, where the size of the lounges, rooms and terraces provide you with maximum comfort during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Alanda Club Marbella reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alanda Club Marbella Hotel Marbella