“Beautiful apartments and grounds.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Aloha Gardens

You added Aloha Gardens to your Saves list
Aloha Gardens
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   Urb Aloha Golf | Avda. Del Prado s/n, 29660 Marbella, Spain   |
“Beautiful apartments and grounds.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at these apartment for 1-2 weeks a year for the last 4yrs. So I thought it was about time I wrote a review!
The apartments are well equipped with everything you could need. This year the apartment we stayed in had been modernised and was lovely. Although due to its place could be abit loud at night with people walking past coming back from a night out if you were sleeping in the twin bed room. Ear plugs sorted that situation.
The pool and gardens are well kept and beautiful to walk round with some lovely views of the mountains.
Yes there are lots of steps but for the fit and healthy thats really not a problem!
The gardeners are friendly and the security guards are very helpful. The reception staff are helpful but sometimes come across differently but this is just the way the Spanish are. They will sort out any problem you just have to be patient.
There is an open cor shop a 5 min walk. Plenty of restaurants and bars less than 2 min away and a taxi rank across from the reception. It cost € 7 to puerto banus. Really good for nights out but its only busy from about midnight, dress well and look good and you may get in most places for free! Marbella isn't far in a taxi or on the catamaran from puerto banus. Looking round the port at the flash cars, designer shops and posh yachts is a must. The bus is €1.18 to go anywhere in banus/ san pedro with plenty of stops about. Good for having adventures.
Puerto banus is becoming more and more popular in resent years.
I have to thank the staff especially the security guard for helping me (and my friends) in our hour of need you were fantastic!!

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

We booked for 18 people, 4 related families. We were in 4 adjoining double story townhouses each with 2 bedrooms and a pullout settee in the living room. This was great for the 10 grandchildren as they could visit with each other and kick a ball outside. This suits large families on a budget. To call this an hotel is totally misleading, it is rental accommodation with no food and no service whatsoever. Everything is on a deposit basis, wifi deposit, safe key deposit, garage opener deposit and the front desk were unhelpful and demanded cash deposits. We insisted on credit card deposits, guessing that it would be hard to get them to return cash.
We were there for 16 days, they changed the sheets and the towels on 2 occasions during this time. This did not make sense to us as most of the rentals are for a long weekend of 4 days and they clean before and after guests, so why they are unwilling to clean once during a 16 day stay was ridiculous. After 1 week I washed all the towels myself and put them on the balcony to dry. No cleaning service was provided. If you want clean floor tiles, clean wash basins, clean toilets, clean baths, be prepared to clean it yourself. I did !! using the mop etc that they leave in the kitchen courtyard.The furniture is well used and tired. The bed linen and towels are poor quality. The kitchen utensils were sparse and they did not supply anything for hand washing dishes.The washing machine in our unit was not working properly, it was a challenge to get it to spin.
In 16 days they provided just 2 dishwasher pucks and 2 washing machine pucks. I visited the supermarket " Mercadona " for food and household supplies.
The majority of people staying here are in their 20's, groups of British people on long weekend stag parties. Lots of cursing and drinking with returns in the early hours of the morning when the nightclubs close. One swaggering drunken lout was a problem with his fellow guests locking him out at all hours of the day and night, he would bang on the door and holler in his drunken rage, so I complained to the front desk and they put the guard on alert. The walls are paper thin and one can hear conversations through the vent system. Despite all of the negatives we enjoyed our stay, with trips to Gibraltar, Morocco, Ronda, Alhambra Palace, Dali Museum in Malaga and Puerto Banus. We used "Living Room"bar and restaurant many times,it is part of the Aloha Gardens complex but privately owned. it was wonderful for a family, the menu is sourced from many local restaurants which gives a great variety,the happy hour with 2 for 1 drinks was welcome and they have a childrens menu. The young owner was delightful.
We used the Italian restaurant down the road, within walking distance, the food was good but expensive.
My son left his camera bag containing 4 cameras at the Aloha Gardens main pool for a short time and when he returned it had been taken. The lifeguard was the best ever, we cannot thank him enough for his vigilance and help, he spoke English and was willing to help.. . He recalled seeing a woman with 2 children, a boy and a girl and the woman sending the boy back to pick up the camera bag. He said they were regulars at the pool but did not know if the lived there permanently or were guests. The Lifeguard said they swam at lunchtime and returned to swim again every day at about 6 pm. My son remembered this family also. The lifeguard accompanied my son to the security guard's booth and insisted that the security guard who spoke Spanish look through the video surveillance of the pool area searching the time frame for this theft. Thanks to the lifeguards persistence they found the occurrence on video. My son spent all day scouring the complex until he spotted the woman and 2 children just outside the complex gate at a delhi which shall be nameless. The lifeguard and the security guard confronted the woman, her husband and 2 children about the camera bag. She was rude and belligerent and denied all knowledge until the security guard told her that they had it recorded on video and the little boy said " yes, I gave them to you mommy just as you told me " She was somewhat shaken but did not want to admit liability. My son told them to return his cameras and he would not call the police, he just wanted them back. The woman said she would drive home to get them, it would take her 30 minutes to drive to San Pedro and back. The cameras were returned with many shots of the inside of their home. The husband on seeing my son a day later said how pleased he was that they had "found" the cameras and were able to return them. My son was astounded at the cool calm arrogance.
The front office were totally disinterested and said it was too much trouble to change the security code on the gate which is how non residents can gain access.
On reflection, we stayed too long, 10 days would have been adequate. Despite all this we had a great vacation and enjoyed every day.

ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We are a family of 2 adults and 4 children aged 6,7,12,15 years and we just spent 12 days at the Aloha Gardens..We stayed in a 2 bedroom townhouse which was so spacious and spotless.,.Complex is really well kept, great restaurants within 5 minutes walk, supermarkets also short walk, lively bars at front of complex yet complex is very peaceful and relaxing. We had a brilliant holiday and would highly recommend Aloha Gardens. The only negative point is there are lots and lots of steps and would not suit buggies or wheelchairs.

Norcross, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We arrived with a large family reunion group. We had bottom floor apartments, all with somewhat different set-ups (TV's, some have cable, some do not). Beds could have had better mattresses. They had a nice garden out to a lawn where the kids could play until they heard a hen party, with the girls getting way out of hand on the balcony while playing "games". A couple of stag parties got a little rough while we were there as well but security saw to them. My unit had relatives on each side, and the walls are a bit thin. My understanding is that only some units on the property are for rent, and thus they tend to be grouped together. The property pools were nice, we liked the restaurants next to the property. I have posted a property map which may be helpful. We used the underground parking which was nice as well. Free wifi is only at the lobby. We rented a wifi internet unit at the front desk (5 euro/day) that was great, we took it with us anywhere in Spain that we drove. I rode quite a bit from here on a bike from Marbella Rent a Bike, it was great. Overall it was good, the kids all loved it, a few of the adults were not as thrilled. I would go back again.

Watford, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I just got back from a 3 night stay from Aloha Gardens for my brothers stag do! The hotel from the outside does not look that great but once you get in it's really nice.

The apartment itself was very spacious. We had our own garden and balconies on two levels, perfect if you want to catch some sun in peace!

The complex has three really nice pools, all of which never felt overcrowded or two busy and there was just about enough sunbeds to go round. Could possibly do with a few more if i'm being picky!

There are a few supermarkets and restaurants in the area and the receptionist very kindly advised us to take a 20 minute walk to one down the road which was very cheap!

It's a little bit out town where all the main clubs and bars are, however it only cost around 7 euros to get a cab and the taxi rank is right outside the hotel.

All in all this is a great place to stay for groups of friends or families and really good value for money, which is great because the bars, clubs and restaurants in town are really expensive!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Firstly I'd like to say the hotel and the apartments were absolutely AMAZING! The girls and I were gob smacked and adored our environment... However, this was not only the memory that we left with:

1) As soon as we arrived, the receptionist and her colleague didn't greet us. She literally asked us to put down a 250 euro deposit! From the reviews I have seen, NO ONE has mentioned this?
- Possibly because the girls and I looked younger than our age or maybe she was having a bad day.. I do not know.. This "deposit" of 250 euros WAS NOT mentioned by the hotel until we got there.

2) The day we arrived, we obviously asked where the main attractions were and how much they would be. Both staff members were giving the girls and I extortionate prices and very blunt answers which didn't help. Their attitude was not needed.

3) On the second day, I accidentally cut my foot, which was bleeding. I had to ask the receptionist for the first aid kit, which she didn't provide, she didn't even check or ask to see if I was OK? I could have been bleeding to death.

4) Second day, my two friends received a text from the hotel stating that we had to check out of the apartment at 10:30 am. This was very rude, pushy and I would say slightly personal as they had the cheek to text.

5) No new towels or sheets were given.

6) Air conditioning needs to be fixed; very minimal air conditioning.

7) The dish washer provided leaked.

8) On our last day, we asked the receptionist if we could stay longer than 10:30 am as our flight was at 11:30 that night. She told us that we had to pay another 120 euros just to keep that room. She didn't advise us where to go or stay. We left our luggages at the front desk with her, just for her to say if we don't come back on time, the doors will be locked so we wouldn't be able to get our suitcases.... this was absolutely mad! Couldn't she have left it next door?

Many reviews have said many positive things about the hotel and I can believe them. The place has got a lot of potential! However, first impressions DO COUNT!! Especially in the hospitality & catering business. Customer service should come first and be their number one priority. In all we had a lovely time!

Accommodation and environment: 9/10
Service: 4/10

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Long Beach, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We checked in on June 29th and checked out June 30th(we had pre-paid).
I was told the ride from malaga train station was going to be 82 euros , however when we arrived it turned out it was 150 euro -CASH to be paid to the front desk.

When we arrived we should have known this place was going to be awful.
We were greeted with an unfriendly person at reception to begin with. Both in English and Spanish. I am fluent in Spanish.

She then told us how and where to go to our room. There was no one to help with our bags.
She informed us to go a way that was way out of the way to our room. My husband found a much better way and didn't have to go up 50 steps. This was after carrying our luggage up 50 steps.

When we entered , yes it had 3 floors...and 3 bathrooms. But that is where it stopped.
Very dated bedding, sofa needed to be replaced. bathrooms -ok. kitchen-ok

Our 8 year old cut herself on exposed staples that were on the sofa in the living room.
She even thought AG was terrible.

Pool-WAS DIRTY. Our 8 year old - we normally can't get her out of the water, didn't want to go back in after she had gotten out, because it was dirty. Our daughter told me that there were empty water bottles in the pool.
no pool towels.
area around the pool dirty, no one seems to clear items away.

There was an under shirt on the one of the paths from the time we checked in until we checked out the next day.
I actually moved it so it wasn't on the path.

We luckily found a wonderful place called the NH ALANDA in Marbella.
When we told the person at the front desk that the Aloha gardens was not what we had thought it was going to be and that we are checking out along with the fact that our daughter had cut her knee on exposed staples on the sofa , her response was ok.

We were very happy to say Aloha to Aloha Gardens.
We ended up having a wonderful vacation at NH ALANDA .

One plus for the one night we were there, the Italian restaurant in walking distance from he AG was wonderful.
(the strip where all the restaurants are located). It is about a 10 minute walk.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Aloha Gardens? Share your experiences!