“Owner response”

Ranked #17 of 77 Hotels in Marbella
“Owner response”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Dear Guest,

thank you for your comments and we are really sorry for all the inconvenience.

In our confirmation was written very clear that you booked a double standard room. When you informed us that you wanted a double sea view room our sales department answered, before your arrival, that to get this type of room you had to pay a small supplement/per room of 10 €/day.

Please note that after our conversation at reception you decided to leave our hotel and as a gesture of good with did not charge you the cancelation fee.

We apologize if we caused any trouble. Yours faithfully, Inmaculada Amores

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Holiday Marbella 2nd - 16th Sept. 2012

Hi
My wife and I are just back from two weeks holiday in Marbella where the sun seemed to shine 24/7, where the locals are friendly, and the traffic is fast and the drivers are furious.
Our holiday was booked through Falcon, a company that we have used on several occasions before.
On arrival at Malaga airport we were met by a very friendly Falcon rep who directed us to our transport that was to take us to our hotel, we were very pleased when we saw we were going to travel in style in a beautiful limo type Merc., it was a good start to our holiday.
We were booked into the Fuerte Miramar Spa Hotel on a bed and breakfast basis.
On arrival at the Miramar we were offered a room upgrade with a balcony and a sea view of the prom and small harbour as we had booked a standard room, the upgrade cost €140 extra.
The Miramar was a great place to stay, the room was very comfortable, has free WiFi and was cleaned on a daily basis, the upgrade was worth it as the sea view was very pleasant. Breakfast in the Miramar was just brilliant as the selection of food on offer was amazing, you had a choice of dining indoors or outside on the terrace beside the pool.
I must mention the staff in the Miramar, they were the most friendly, polite and helpful, that we have encountered in all our travels, especially the cleaning ladies.
The only negative about the hotel was the lack of evening entertainment, but having said that we did have access to the Miramar sister hotel just up the road where the craic was great with a lot of Spanish music and dancing which was very enjoyable.
Now anybody who has been to Marbella knows that it is a great place to spend a holiday, with its beautiful promenade that seems to go on forever, the old town with the Orange Square and its wonderful restuarants,the selection of shops, its bus service that can take you to Fuengirola (visit the Bioparc Zoo ), Estepona, Ronda, and Puerto Banus where the other half with all the dosh go for a break.
When dining out in the evening in Marbella, the restaurants I would recommend are, The Asti Fish House, Da Bruno, La Barca, and Da Fabio for the best of food.

p.s Marbella also has a couple of nice parks where you can sit and relax in the shade.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

For the first time I booked direct through the Fuerte Group booking office. Big mistake. When I arrived I was told I had not booked a sea view room. My email showed that although they had originally wanted a supplement for a sea view, I had reminded them there was no reference in their email to a supplement. I insisted they keep to their word. Subsequently received a confirmation saying sea view. No reference at all to my email or not accepting my terms.The reception staff were helpful but did not have the power to change anything. I asked for the manager who was unhelpful, unfriendly and needs a course on customer service. I could not stay there as I was made to feel most unwelcome. LESSON. Sea view does not mean sea view unless you say full sea view and spell out everything in detail to avoid disappointment.

Room Tip: Specify exactly what you want, go as high as possible and not too far to the right where you are ove...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
MIRAMARSPA, Gerente at Hotel Fuerte Miramar, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear Guest,

thank you for your comments and we are really sorry for all the inconvenience.

We apologize if we caused any trouble. Yours faithfully, Inmaculada Amores
Kendal, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I have just returned from my Autumn break at Miramar Spa. My holiday started with a me leaving my travel bag on the transfer bus but the staff on reception quickly contacted the company who had it returned to me within the hour. I was so relieved.
Having stayed here before, I knew I was in good hands and I was soon in a relaxed mood. The staff were so helpful, and the service in the Restaurant was so friendly that I felt it was home from home with all the comforts. I wish I could have stayed longer, but I will have to wait until next spring.
Carl Hunter
Kendal

Room Tip: Facing the sea is my preference.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

My last review was on Kellys Resort & spa in Rosslare Ireland and I said it would be hard to beat. And so it was ! We stayed for 4 nights with my Irish cousins who had recomended this hotel as they did for Kellys. The best features about the hotel are the location and the buffet breakfast. It is close to the old town and on the beach and the breakfast is excellent - lots of choice and good quality. We opted for a smaller cheaper room with no balcony overlooking the street as we planned to spend most of our time away from the hotel. The room was quite small but was well eqiuped and very clean. The pool area was clean and tidy but not as big as the pictures on the web site would suggest - on the one afternoon we spent in the hotel all sunbeds were in use - there is a beach club though which is adjacent to the hotel. It is ideally placed for access the the beach front prom which extends for miles and very enjoyable to walk. The biggest disappointment was the bar & lounge which never seemed to have any customers. We did not use the spa. Compared to Kelly's it just did not have that buzz and atmosphere the management should pay a visit to Kellys to see how it should be done.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

We enjoyed a seven day stay at the Fuerte Miramar in September. The hotel was clean and comfortable. We didn't like the older style two beds made up as one, but have found this in other four star hotels in Europe. The bed and pillows were comfortable. The bathroom was spacious and clean, as was the room. We had a sea view room which also overlooked the pool. A back gate leads directly onto the walkway along the beach. It cost 4 euro per day for a sun bed on the beach and we only used this once as we preferred the pool which was clean and never overcrowded. Other guests do tend to claim sunbeds with towels and then not use them for several hours, which is annoying but unless the hotel policed it, not much you could do. The weather was brilliant and we walked to Puerto Banus along the beach and caught a taxi back at an approx cost of 11 euro. There was a supermarket a two minute walk from the hotel and the beautiful old town of Marbella was a very short walk away. The breakfast buffet had a wide choice of different types of food and also offered champagne with breakfast which was lovely while on holiday. We did not eat at the Beach Club and did not use the spa facilities. Staff were friendly, efficient and helpful. Would have liked boiling water for our cup of tea in the morning but overall thoroughly enjoyed our time at Fuerte Miramar and Marbella.

Room Tip: Be very firm when asking for a sea view room and do not accept a side sea view room on arrival. Ensu...
Malaga, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Just wanted to share my overall thoughts on this hotel. Spent 2 nights here. Rooms are very spacious, most of them have a nice terrace with excellent views to the sea and beachfront, bathrooms are of a good size. Very pleased with the service and personnel of the hotel. Always very kind and helpful. Hotel is situated practically in the center of town and has its own private parking connected to the hotel. Buffet style food with lots of variety. Swimming Pool and a large area to sun bathe.Backdoor entrance straight on to the promenade. 10 minute walk to the Marbella Port( you will find bars and lounge here).

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a Sea View Room 201/204 - 301/304 - 401/404 - 501/504 - 601/604
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Fuerte Miramar? Share your experiences!