“Huge Room, Great Pool, Decent Beach” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Marriott's Marbella Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Marriott's Marbella Beach Resort to your Saves list
Marriott's Marbella Beach Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Crta de Cadiz, Km 193 | Urb. Marbella del Este, 29604 Marbella, Spain   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #4 of 77 hotels in Marbella
Westchester County, New York
“Huge Room, Great Pool, Decent Beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My husband and I stayed at this hotel back in May of 2012 but I am finally getting around to reviewing it. It was a beautiful hotel and we felt like we were in America because it is a Marriott. Our room was a 2 bedroom suite which had a balcony that overlooked the pool. It was a huge room for the 2 of us. Of course we never even used the 2nd bedroom or any of the other bathrooms but it was nice to have a place to eat in the morning (dining room table and kitchen included). We used the pool which was great and relaxing. There wasn't too many kids when we were there either so it was generally quiet. We made it to the beach for a few hours one day and it was relaxing but the beach in Spain isn't as nice as we are used to.

It was a nice location, but I pictured Marbella to be more like Puerto Banus is. The place to be is really Puerto Banus. However, because I am a Marriott Rewards member, I would stay here again if ever in southern Spain. It's a good location for day trips to Tangier and Gibraltar also. I would recommend it over all. Also, it was very clean. The staff was helpful in giving us directions to different things. In fact, they have pre-printed typed direction cards to many placed tourists may ask to go.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

837 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
Fargo, ND
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This place is a little tricky to find, but once there, you will love it! The property itself is gorgeous. Beautifully landscaped and the units are lovely and spacious. You are right on the Mediterranean Sea. The staff speaks very good English and are more than willing to help with any questions you may have. They even have printed up cards with directions to the most visited areas and on the back side of the card the reverse directions back to the Marriott. We truly had a wonderful time at this property in Marbella.

Room Tip: Walking around the property, I think all rooms would be good. They all view beautiful gardens and l...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We stayed here in February with another couple to get some winter sun.
This resort did not disappoint, beautiful grounds, plenty to keep the 2 men entertained. Food and drinks were reasonably priced and good that the spa / hot tubs were on - as outdoor pools were closed as winter season.
Would recommend.
Can't walk into Marbella itself but had a hire car so very accessible to old town, puerto banus and golf courses!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Bergamo, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Just returned from a fabulous 10 days at the Marriotts Marbella. Have been coming here for the past 10 years and will be returning next year. Apartments are perfect for a family vacation and the pools are second to none!! Belen in the kids club has been looking after my children for the past 7 years. I cannot recommend it enough. One of the great things about the resort is that it is such a safe environment for the children to play...in a world where we do not let them past our front door it was lovely to see them make friends and have fun together. Unfortunately with the 'Marriott' label comes a certain snobbery with some of the guests. Children should be seen and not heard and definately no fun !!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Just back after 3rd visit to resort. Kids had a ball and my son played hide n seek most of the day. (possibly in the gang the lady before mentioned but from what I saw they where all very innocent children no fighting or kicking)The kids club was excellent and love that they give you a weekly menu for it and the exercise classes. Throughly recommend yury's aguagym great workout. Only criticism would be happy hour too early in chill bar think later would incourage people to drink there as its very pricey plus music to accompany rather than 4 to 6pm. Weather was strange when we where there very windy in the evening. Love the resort and look forward to returning.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
co. kildare ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Have to agree with earlier comments re unsupervised and in some cases supervised children and early teens. One of the advantages to holidaying at the Marriott is the adult pool. Many families do not respect this, even when spoken to by staff. Marriott need to tighten up on this type of thing or guests will simply go elsewhere. I do not want to swim, sauna etc with shrieking kids! There are enough activities exclusively for children so please respect the few adult privileges. We do, after all, pay for them!

Room Tip: Rooms I near pool can be noisy in high season
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We are frequent visitors to the marriott and have enjoyed the resort a lot in the past. The apartments are top class as is the pool. We had considered buying a timeshare here but this year I want to just agree with an earlier poster in regard to the quality of the guests. The standard of guest has deteriorated and there is a rougher element. The behaviour in the resort has deteriorated as a result and I am not clear that management are handling it well. As an example on my way to the pool last week I came across a group of 9 and 10 year olds who had pinned a child to the ground and where kicking him in the body. I told them to stop and let the child up.I have no doubt if I had not intervened the child was set for a beating. I then met the security guard and reported it. They had been phoned by other people who had seen the incident from their rooms.The same gang are causing significant problems around the pool. Now I totally accept you can be unlucky with people in the resort but there needs to be a clearer policy from management in regard to how children who are left unsupervised by adults are managed particularly around the pool area. If a child is repeatedly out of control a manager must find and speak to the parents. The poor lifeguards are in an impossible situation. We had to leave the Jacuzzi yesterday evening as it became the scene of a water fight between a group of 9 year olds.

We also found that the very experienced staff who had been in charge of the kids club are not around this year. We had a bad kids club experience and I would flag to other parents of young children that I would not recommend for a 4 year old. We did raise the issue with the supervisor but the staff need further training.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Marriott's Marbella Beach Resort? Share your experiences!