“Getting very expensive” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Marriott's Marbella Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Marriott's Marbella Beach Resort to your Saves list
Marriott's Marbella Beach Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Crta de Cadiz, Km 193 | Urb. Marbella del Este, 29604 Marbella, Spain   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #4 of 77 hotels in Marbella
Essex
“Getting very expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Having been coming here for 11 years and the prices of food/drink/entertainment is just getting out of hand.I recognise the worlds/spain economic woes...but they are ripping us off now.
Each year the annual fees go up ,as do the prices.The place still doesn't do any real entertainment.They are not adding any genuine value in return.

The sunbed area gets jam packed (You a have to get down by around 9.30) .Staff generally pretty good.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

837 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
Smithville, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

My family recently stayed at the Marriott Marbella for a week. We stayed in a two bedroom apartment with full facilities. It was nothing short of perfection! The resort is immaculate, the facilities were in perfect working order and all the amenities were just what we needed. My kids (ages 7 and 4) took advantage of the kids club and loved the workers there. It was so nice to see the grounds taken care off throughout the week. We felt safe no matter where we were at the resort. I would stay here again in a heartbeat! Highly recommend!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Limoges
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stayed at this resort from April 7th to April 14th through Interval International. After a long flight we arrived at the Resort at 2:00 pm hoping to get an early checking in and was pleasantly surprised when we were given our check-in package and told our room was available right at the gate; we didn't even need to go to the front desk and we are not members of the Marriott. We stayed in a one-bedroom apartment which had a view of the Meditarranean Sea and the family outdoor pool. We thought it would be really noisey, but it wasn't that bad. The apartment was very spacious and fully equipped. The only negative was the bed it was way too soft - worn out. Definitely need to replace the mattress. My husband choice to sleep on the pull out couch as it was more comfortable.
We rented a vehicle and toured various towns in the Costa del Sol area - Ronda, Mijas, Marbella and went on two tours that we had booked in advance of arriving to the resort to Tangier and Granada. We saved a little money booking the tours on-line. I would recommend the tour to Granada and the little town of Mijas was enjoyable as well. The tour to Tangier was an experience in itself - I enjoyed the experience of another culture, however, I did not enjoy the locals who hounded us to purchase stuff from them. If I was to go on another tour of Tangier I would recommend that you book with a Tour Company who can have a police escort with them when touring the Kasbah.
My husband and I ate at El-Med and Charlie's, which are on the resort. The food is okay at El-Med but it is overpriced and as for Charlie's - it is cheaper but it is fast food. We ate at the Beach House and would strongly recommend this place for dinner. As for groceries we would suggest that you buy your food at the Supersol in Elivira which is only 10 minutes by car from the resort.
We arrived on a Sunday and we stayed at the resort on Monday (suffering from jet lag). I suffer from back pain and my lower back had a terrible knot in it when I arrived at the resort, in addition, my muscles were very tense from the long flight. Therefore, I decided to book a therapeutic massage and a facial at The Salon which is on the resort. Well, I have never been so impressed by a massage therapist. Her name is Fiona and she is a registered massage therapist at The Salon, she worked on the tension in my back and spent a lot time working on the knot in my back. I did not have high expectations as I have had massages before and they are relaxing, however, they never really cure the pain I experience. Well, this woman is amazing the knot that I had in my back, which was there prior to leaving on vacation, was gone the next day and all the tension I had was gone as well. I would strongly recommend that anyone in need of a good therapeutic massage book an appointment with this amazing woman, Fiona. Also, Hayley gives a wonderful facial as well.
My husband and I were very impressed with the Resort and even though we are not members of the Marriott we were treated the same as the members of the Resort. I would definitely consider going back to this Resort in the future.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
cheshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Location perfect for a beach break - but quite a trek from the attractions of both Marbella town & Porta Banus - you def need a car. Apartments are slightly dated but immaculate & fully kitted out. The resort gardens & facilities are all v well maintained & have obviously been regularly updated. The pools & outside areas all superb. The resort is only let down by the consistently poor food offerings - at the Beachside grill we bought 3 salads & it would appear lettuce is on ration! How can anyone make a bad salad in Spain? We didn't try ElMed because of all the previous bad reviews - the resort was full - the restaurant empty so speaks for its self. The only edible food in Charleys was the pizza which was just ok.

The ice cream however from the Salon was fab & the snack food from the Chill Bar was excellent - but only really what you would expect from a 5* resort.

Staff everywhere were excellent, friendly, efficient & helpful.

Thankfully there are a number of good restaurants on the beachfront either side of the Resort - literally within 100 yards.

Would def return for a short beach break.

• Stayed April 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here recently with our adult children, in a lovely three bedroom apartment. The accommodations were so comfortable - very spacious, lovely balcony overlooking the pool with a view of the sea. The kitchen was fantastic - fully outfitted. There are laundry facilities in the apartment. The restaurants and small market at the resort are a little pricey, but very good and convenient. This is a 15 minute cab ride to old Marbella, costs 16 Euros. But it is very nice break from the touristy atmosphere in Marbella, and a great home base for sightseeing in the area. If you stay here, plan at least one day to just hang out at the resort - it is a lovely respite.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
North Potomac, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

We stayed in 2-bedroom/ 2-bathroom unit on the second floor that had afternoon sun and a great view of the pool and the grounds. All units are apartments with full kitchen and well-maintained. The resort is beautiful and the staff is very friendly and helpful. There are lots of resort amenities from the beach and indoor and outdoor pools to a marketplace for groceries etc, and on-site restaurants as well, but you really need a car to explore and enjoy all that Marbella/ Málaga area has to offer. They have free underground parking at the resort and it's easy to access A-7 from the hotel. We went to Málaga city, Nerja (Cueva de Nerja), Ronda, Jimena de la Frontera (Los Alcornocales Natural Park), and, of course, Marbella city itself. It was a bit cold and rainy during our stay, but we enjoyed it greatly and would come back again (maybe during warmer season :-)

Room Tip: Afternoon-sun rooms on a higher floor would be best.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Leuven
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

We had a very enjoyable short Easter break at this resort. The atmosphere has an American feel to it , everything is conveniently located, very nice reception area and the staff were extremely helpful and pleasant. The pool area is not very large but still very nice with easy access to the beach. The overal condition of the gardens and walking areas is excellent.
The apartment we had (two large bedrooms with bathrooms) was very luxurious with bubble bath and marble just about everywhere. Everything was available from a washing machine / dryer to a dishwasher. Very recommendable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Marriott's Marbella Beach Resort? Share your experiences!