We returned to Marriott Marbella through a timeshare swap after almost three and a half years and were very happy to find this is still a very good resort that we’d happily recommend to anyone, so long as they realise it’s situated in an urbanizacion of villas and apartment blocks rather than in a holiday resort or town. We won’t repeat all of the detail in our previous review, which you’ll probably be able to access if you wish via a link at the bottom of the page, but it all holds true. The spacious apartments and the resort grounds are still very well maintained. The kitchen area is well appointed, the showers are still superb, the beds are still exceptionally comfortable, and it’s good to see there are still plenty of UK channels for us Brits on the new 32 inch LCD TVs (plus a DVD player) if the winter/spring weather isn’t too good, which was lucky for us as we’d left glorious weather at home in the UK.
We’re still not convinced the onsite restaurant El Med is worth the money so we gave it a miss. When you stay here, Marriotts give you a Privilege Card that will give you discounts at various restaurants and attractions locally and along the coast. Surprisingly, or perhaps not, one of the worst offers is given by El Med itself. You’ll eat well enough in the couple of Chiringuitos on the beach close to the resort and the choice of eateries within walking distance is quite reasonable. Restaurant Elviria close to the autovia overpass is still our favourite for a treat and we found out too late that they’ll give you a discount if you show your Privilege Card, even though they don’t officially participate in the scheme. Next time!
Pictures say more than words so we’ve attached a selection showing the apartment and grounds. We don’t normally go back to the same place in the same year but as Marriott Marbella is such a good quality resort and so centrally placed for exploring the Costa Del Sol we’ll be back in the autumn with friends.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Marriott, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Marriott's Marbella Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Marbella Beach Hotel Marbella
- Marriotts Marbella Beach Hotel
- Marriott Vacation Club Marbella
- Marbella Marriott
- Marriotts Marbella Beach Resort