My husband booked the Don Carlos for the first leg of our honeymoon. The minute we got there the staff was welcoming, responsive and treated us like royalty. When we got to our room there was Spanish music playing and champagne waiting. We could see the mountains and the sea from the balcony and it was beautiful. The breakfast was included in our rate plan and the spread was huge. Because the beach club provided fresh fruit in the afternoon, we only ate 2 meals a day while we were there. We chose to eat at the resort's restaurant most of the nights we were there (the food was fantastic). We typically aren't the type of travelers to book super fancy hotels or eat at hotels...we typically are out of the hotel from breakfast until midnight sightseeing when we're in Europe. But this place was so nice we didn't want to leave (we did go to Marbella's Old Town one day and loved it). We went to the resort's spa and the ladies there were very kind...I even got my hair cut there.
IF I had to say what needed improvement I would agree with other reviews about beach peddlers. The resort does have staff on the beach to get rid of these annoying people, but there's only so much they can do I suppose.
- Also Known As:
- Don Carlos Leisure Resort And Spa
- Don Carlos Leisure Hotel Marbella
- Don Carlos Leisure Hotel
- Don Carlos Resort
- Don Carlos Marbella
- Don Carlos Hotel Marbella
- Carlos Don Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Two outstanding features of this famous resort have attracted many clients over the years- its magnificent Gardens and its renowned Beach Club where lazy days in the sun fly by all too quickly. The 24 exquisitely decorated Deluxe Vilas combine the luxury of a 5 star hotel with the many advantages of an apartment home.Overview:The well established consists of a main central building and two wings of 3 and 4 floors respectively. Its many attractions enhanced by recent innovations, combine contemporary design, ultimate comfort and state of the art technology for the full enjoyment of guest. Location: Set amid 40,000 square metres of lush sub-tropical prize-wining gardens, exotic flowers and pinewoods, the hotel adjoins Marbella’s finest beach about 7 kms to the east of Marbella centre. Accommodation:243 rooms and suites with luxurious bathroom with Molton Brown toiletries, hairdryer, bathrobes, slippers, air conditioning, state of the art entertainment system, 26” LCD TV, internet wireless access, complimentary safe, minibar and telephone and 24 hours room service.The 24 DELUXE VILLAS harmoniously combines the facilities of a 5 stars Resort with the numerous advantages of a comfortable 1 or 2 bedrooms apartment . A team of personal assistants will be at your service to ensure maximum comfort and exclusivity during your stay.This site complex located adjacent to the hotel. Contemporary, streamlined décor, marble bathroom with bathtub. Fully equipped kitchen, DVD tech, flat screen TV with pay movies on demand. All hotel facilities and services are available to suite residents.For Children:Don Carlos Resort offers unforgettable experiences for children. At the arrival, the youngest will feel that great adventures are waiting for them. Special surprises and amenities in the room plus Club Mare Kids for children from 4 to 12 years old with many activities throughout the day. They will have great fun with sports and outdoors activities coordinated by a team of professional instructors in a unique natural environment. Baby sitting service available on request and at extra charge. Relaxation:Outdoor swimming pool, heated in winter, with spacious terraces equipped with sun loungers and parasols. The impressive Don Carlos Beach Club (charge), open Easter to October, has its own pool, restaurant and bar. Nikki Beach (April- October), the trendiest in Marbella, is an exclusive and innovative club adjacent to the Don Carlos Beach Club. La Terrasse Bar is the resort’s cocktail bar, open until the small hours, with regular live music and DJ. Dining:A delicious buffet breakfast starts the day at the Bahia Restaurant or Sol y Sombra when Bahia is closed. Sol y Sombra, next to the main pool is open for lunch plus theme dinners in peak season; Bahia is for dinner most of the year. Los Naranjos Terrace is the perfect place to enjoy an outdoor dinner with incredible views over the gardens and sea in the peak season. Ombu is the gastronomic restaurant open Wednesday to Sunday from June to early September. Don Carlos Beach Club offers a quality cuisine designed for guest to repeat daily. Variety that ranges from snacks service to the sun beds, to the New Mediterranean restaurant with its innovative menu of assorted seafood, meats and exotics salads.Special Features: Hairdresser salon, gymnasium, Don Carlos Spa, Tennis Club, 5 a side football court, basketball court, and Don Carlos Seaside where to find options to rent yachts, sailings, pedal boats, kayak…Golf:The Marbella coast is known throughout the world ad the “Golf Coast” and Don Carlos Hotel is situated at the very centre of this genuine golfers’ paradise. Besides its associated golf course, the magnificent 18 hole Santa Maria Golf & Country Club, which is just a stone throw away from the Resort, Don Carlos guests enjoy special rates in a variety of golf courses. Our Golf Desk is dedicated to our golfers’ needs, from Tee Time bookings to the hiring of golf clubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Splendia, Priceline, Tingo, Agoda, Escapio, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Don Carlos Leisure Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.