The exterior of the Don Carlos is not particularly inviting (something similar to a 70's concrete housing block) however the gardens and location allow you to overlook this.
I visited with a friend for a weekend of relaxation - and we were very lucky with the weather considering the slow start for 2013 season in Spain.
Generally we stay at the Marriot resort - and have to say the Don Carlos is certainly in the Marriot's shadows when it comes to quality, décor and ambience. Unfortunately the interior of the Don Carlos is filled with empty voids with small pockets of areas to eat / drink - architecturally not pleasing but we enjoyed our stay nevertheless.
Food at the pool area was lovely and very reasonably priced - rooms were spacious and clean (although our view was overlooking the construction works - which considering the hotel was not full not ideal). Breakfast was average with no cold drinks left and warm food - but as we didn't turn up until 10:00 this could be excusable ?
In terms of location you cannot beat the Don Carlos - adjacent to Nicky Beach and walking distant to a few bars/restaurants in Elvira.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A luxurious beachfront jewel surrounded by 40,000m2 of luscious tropical gardens - the largest on the Costa del Sol. This sublime resort offers fabulous views of the coast and direct access to the most gorgeous beach in Marbella. Guests can also count on stunning facilities, first-class personalized service, a relaxed yet sophisticated atmosphere - and yearlong sunshine. It effortlessly caters to all desires with a wide selection of watersports, several pools, a highly reputed tennis club, a range of superb restaurants and aboutiquespa. The beach club - created by luxury spatial designer Melvin Villarroel - is recognized as one of the most "unique spaces" in Marbella. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, T4B, Hotels.com, Venere, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, Escapio, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Don Carlos Leisure Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Don Carlos Leisure Resort And Spa
- Don Carlos Leisure Hotel Marbella
- Don Carlos Resort
- Don Carlos Marbella
- Don Carlos Hotel Marbella
- Carlos Don Hotel