Returned to Guadalmina in June 2013, after a superb vacation last year. Had a very very nice vacation. Some comments:
- we had a sea view room which is well worth the extra money, since it comes with a small terrace/ balcony, perfect for savouring the views.
- we rented a car from Mallaga airport which is very good to have, given the hotel location; it also gives great flexibility to see Costa del Sol and also travel to nearby resorts and restaurants. The hotel this year introduced a€6 parking charge per day, this obviously was not appreciated since last year parking was free for hotel guests and parking space is not an issue.
- restaurants - the hotel offers a buffet breakfast, very very nice, specially option to have breakfast on the terrace, overlooking the sea. Variety and quality of breakfast dishes was quite good, although pastries were a bit of a dissapointed since they were usually not fresh. For dinner the hotel organises theme buffet dinners, which are quite nice (we tried on couple nights). Around the hotel there aren't that many eating choices, hence we usually drove 5-10-15km to some very nice places including L'Oriental (excellent Lebanese), Da Mario (excellent Italian), Tanino (try the Wok dishes!) and Medditeraneo (nearest Italian place, by the highway, quite nice and convenient, with good pasta dishes and salads).
- pool / beach - hotel has a very nice pool (large and clean) and also access to the beach. Compared to last year, the hotel introduced a further charge for using the beach €6 per person per day, which was likewise not appreciated particularly since the hotel location which is quite secluded means that there are no external visitors to the beach; as a result people usually crowded around the pool while the beach remained generally empty.
- wi-fi - this was a complete disaster, crashed multiple times a day for quite long periods (system needed to be reset frequently!). I am not exactly sure what the issue is (hotel servers or capacity problems at the internet provider?) but this needs to be fixed as a matter of priority/ urgency. We stayed quite a long period at the hotel and this issue continued throughout (ie was not a one off).
- service was generally very good, pleasant, nice throughout - in the restaurants, poolside, rooms, etc Level of cleanliness was also very good starting with the rooms and continuing throughout the resort.
All in a superb vacation, we would highly recommend the hotel and may return. Only suggestions include a) fixing the hotel wi-fi and b) including the various incidentals upfront in the hotel booking / tariff instead of introducing these parking, beach access, etc incidentals on site, which do not create a pleasant atmosphere or set the right tone.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Report response as inappropriate
First of all, we would like to thank you for taking the time to share with us your thoughts and opinions regarding your stay in our Hotel.
We are happy to know that you have enjoyed once more our rooms, pool and breakfast area. We will forward your comments about the restaurant to our Food & Beverage Department in order to improve our service.
Regarding your comments about our Wi-Fi connection, we are very happy to inform you that our technicians are working at the moment and the internet connection is working properly. We hope you see some changes in your next stay with us.
We thank you for your loyalty and please, do not hesitate to contact us for any requirement or bookings; we will be very happy to assist you.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.