“Robbed while sleeping in my room!” 1 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Melia La Quinta Golf & Spa Resort to your Saves list
Prices are for rooms, adults
Melia La Quinta Golf & Spa Resort
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Urbanizacion La Quinta s/n | Nueva Andalucía, 29660 Marbella, Spain   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #18 of 77 hotels in Marbella
London, United Kingdom
“Robbed while sleeping in my room!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Having spent a relaxing 3rd day here on the 3rd night while sleeping in my 3rd floor hotel room with a balcony over looking the pool, I woke up to find my watch and wedding ring missing from the bedside cabinet...
I naturally searched the room to see where I could have possibly placed it while sleep walking! But to no avail and sadly the reality was my friends watch was also missing.
The reaction and compassion, humility and understanding of the staff was pure poetry... The stern Spanish faces showing they really didn't give a toss,no apology, no sign of any concern,no worry for personal safety.. and then questioned by the deputy manager why I had not placed my items in the safe,because if that had happened it would have been insured by the hotel..
Perhaps I should have also slept in there to ensure my personal safety?
Thankfully we at least woke up without violence having been inflicted..
Furthermore a totally dismissive attitude from the head office simply proves they are hiding a reoccurring issue of what appears to be an inside job, no doubt being repeated many times through a year... Top tip... Dress in a bin bag and take no bling, that way you may go unnoticed!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

299 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Blackpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

This hotel is tucked away off the beaten track. It is definitely worth a visit especially if you have a car. There are complementary buses into Marbella and Porto Banus at certain times off the day. The pool area is lovely and the views all around are beautiful. The rooms are spacious but you can't hang wet washing on the balcony. The spa is very nice and the restaurant overlooking the pool area is very good.. The staff are very helpful and the view on the balcony was simply stunning. I would imagine that most people come here on a golfing holiday as it is a also a golf resort. The location is the worse part about it but with a car there wouldn't be a problem. As for the drinks ding expensive, it is a 5 star hotel so prices like this are to be expected. If you can't afford to buy anything in a 5 star hotel then you need to be downgrading to a 3 or 4 star.i would recommend this hotel if you want a quiet break and have transport.

Room Tip: A room overlooking the pool is good.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed there for 4 days in early October 2012. There were 24 persons in our group and we were on a 'business golf' break. The location was well away from the hustle and bustle of Puerte Banus but that suited me just perfectly. However, for a number of our group, who wanted the bars and night-clubs of Puerte banus, it entailed travelling by taxi (about 10 minutes). Not a major inconvenience but worth noting. Food and service were all 'top-notch' and the golf clubattached to the hotel was a good test of skill. As I was in the lucky position that this was being paid for by someone else, I cannot comment on 'value for money'.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Gezza123
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Stayed in the Melia La Quinta for four nights with my partner. This hotel is an excellent place if you want to recharge and relax.

The rooms are fantastic, very spacious and well laid out.

The pool area is serene and calm. It was very easy to unwind here and the light background music was a great touch.

The food and service in the main restaurant was average for both lunch and dinner. The wine-list was excellent though. The Japanese restaurant is very good however but is quite pricey, especially the wine list.

The Spa is absolutely fantastic. The hydrotherapy journey is well worth a try.

The hotel is quite far out from Marbella itself, about €20 in a taxi.

Overall I really enjoyed my stay in this hotel and would definitely return in the future.

• Stayed September 2012
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Came here with a large group for 4 nights.
Rooms great, Food good and the Pool and surrounding areas are fantastic.
But the Prices. OMG! Is it because they are on the Borders of Puerto Banus that they think they can charge so much? 4.20 euros for half of Lager. Vodka & Tomato and a Vodka & Fanta 18.80 euros. How can they justify this?
There are at least 2 franchises on the site. Their is a bar on the 18th Hole of the B Course which charges 3.50 euros for a large beer and the Golf Clubhouse itself is only 3.25 in comparison.

Two of the Golf courses were great. Course B was in a bit of a state for some reason. Sand everywhere.

One other thing you need to know is that their WIFI isn't very good at all. I wasn't too bothered on this trip for myself but there were many complaints from other customers and I had read a few complaints on here.

One more thing, the resort is a long way from anywhere. Puerto Banus is a 13 euro trip away and Marbella is further.

I have still given this resort 4 stars because I believe it to be a very nice place to stay provided you have plenty of money and you don't mind too much about Wifi.
Another positive note that gives it the 4 stars is the Spa. Very nice! But if you haven't included it in your package it will cost you 15 euros for 1.5 hours.

Take lots of money

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Erika_MeliaLQ, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Melia La Quinta Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
Dear Guest,

thank you for your review about your experience in our Hotel.

Regarding the price for a long drink in our Hotel, I would like to ask you if you do not mind, to send me an email to melia.laquinta@melia.com and provide me more details about your reservation. I would like to look into your invoice because the long drinks that you mentioned do not have this price, even if you drink the most expensive vodka that we have. So, it should be a mistake on your bill.

I remain to your entire disposal.

Inverness, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

My wife an I just back from a seven day break at La Quinta above Puerto Banus booked through Your Golf Travel. Really enjoyed the stay. The facilities were very good and the staff were polite and helpful the whole duration. What an old fashioned pleasure to stay in an hotel where nothing was a problem for a staff member tp sort out quickly and courteously.

The golf courses were a treat to play on with one slight reservation. The Ronda course had just been closed for maintenance and when we played it on our last day was still heavily sanded which did spoil the experience slightly.

However...overall an excellent experience and will certainly be going back sometime in the near future. I find it hard to fathom out why some people have complained so vehemently about this hotel they must be very hard to please.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

thank you soo much for your kind comments about your stay in our Hotel.

I would like to greet you personally in your next visit. So, please let me know the dates of your next reservation.

I am at your entire disposal.

Derby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

A fantastic hotel around 15 minutes from the centre of Puerto Banus, we found it fairly easy to get to with our rental from Malaga Airport (although I did admit to switching on google maps when we were about 5 minutes away just to be sure). First impressions were marred though by a horrible concrete archway with ground level metal posts inset in the road to prevent wide vehicles from entering. Seriously it was such an eyesore that I thought I was driving into the wrong place and rang reception thinking that google maps had sent me to the wrong place! However once through the archway, we then climbed up the hill and approached our 5 star haven for the week and normal service appeared to resume. Foyer was rustic and beautiful, reception staff were helpful and quick to book us in and my spirits started to rise as they should when booking into your *hopefully* carefully chosen holiday hotel.

Quick inspection of our room (3rd / top floor overlooking the pool of which I asked for and was nice to receive) and everything was to our satisfaction. Bit of a bug bear though was that it looked nothing like the pictures online, I almost thought again that I was in the wrong hotel and I hate that feeling of 'have I missed something here?' but there was nothing wrong with the room, just not as modern as we were expecting. That being said, the images on Tripadvisor are accurate and in some instances do not do it justice. Tip for families with kids under 5, go for a ground level room as there was no lock on the patio doors. There were interior shutter doors that did have a small catch but my son who is a bit of a monkey would simply pull a chair up to the shutters, slip the catch and then make a break for the 3rd floor patio. Dad's out there will know what that does to the heart! Therefore used my trouser / pants belt to tie the shutters together via their door handles but this did mean that it was darker than it could have been in our room all week :)

Beds, supply of towels, room safe, all the usuals were available, clean, functioning etc. Best was the free wifi that enabled us to view and make dinner plans on the fly, review points of interest etc. In my opinion a necessity for a 5 star and still irks me when hotels try to charge for this.

Breakfast again all that you'd expect; fresh, extremely tasty, various without being over the top and just what you'd need to set you up for the day.

Evening bar was refreshing simple and relaxing, gorgeously cold beer on tap, ice cold mojitos and warm and friendly service was just the tonic after a hard day poolside or shopping in Puerto Banus.

Pool was perfect, plenty of beds to go around, busy but not overly, lifeguard always on duty, pool bar with drinks, ice cream, food etc. There were 3 pools, 1 for toddlers and under, the large main pool and a 3rd mini pool for anyone but due to its smaller size held the water temperature a couple of degrees higher than the main, so was perfect for the kids when they'd overindulged and didn't want to get out of the water yet but were feeling the breeze and needed warming up.

Overall I would recommend the hotel for its quality of service, amenities and value. I'd like to thank the staff for being so friendly, helpful and making us feel extremely welcome for our week and would endorse this for anyone with families. It was our first time in Marbella so its difficult to compare to any others in the area but we enjoyed Melia La Quinta and our Spanish break thoroughly.

Room Tip: Just ask when booking, we asked for Pool View and received it. However the general location of the h...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

thank you for sharing with us your detailed experience in our Hotel.

We hope that this will be the beginning of many visits to Marbella. We are in a strategic location, and you can visit many places from here. So, you are not going to be bored because you are repeating destination. On this sense, we hope to receive future visits from you.

I am at your entire disposal.

Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Melia La Quinta Golf & Spa Resort? Share your experiences!