Booked this hotel for 12 days during october/nov. It was to be my one and only luxury holiday, since many years and after having worked very hard through the whole of 2012 whithout any leave. Arrived in the morning on a windy day, found the reception, all public space in the hotel (built in Andalusian - open style) and the restaurant very cold and draughty. I had had a night flight, my room was not ready yet, and as a 'gesture' I was give a room nearer tot the road. Exhausted and disappointed and in tears I accepted it, hoping to be able to unpack as soon as possible, book my excursions and (before that) have a good lunch. Went to the restaurant, was asked what I would want for a drink, said with a smile and a sigh: "Coffee" and was told that for coffee I would have to go to the bar! Could not believe my ears. Was this suppose to be a 4 star hotel?
In the afternoon, after having unpacked and concluded that my room was to cold to have a nap, I went to the bar with my book for a cappucino. The bar was even colder! So much draught!
Breakfast was very good, but the coffee served there was flat. I (as well as many other guests) preferred the (kind of) espresso/coffee machine. Very few of the staff serving there spoke English, so even if I wished to make a compliment to the cook, I could not do so. Had some poor meals at dinner, but also some very good.
Since I had wanted to have a hamam treatment and this was not in the leaflet of the hotel Spa, I asked reception whether there was a real Hamam in town. I was told to discuss treatment with the lady in the spa below, but when I came there, she did not speak two words English. How then was I suppose to discuss treatment with her? But as she was very, very kind, I decided to let go of my wishes and take what was available. Another note on this: Spa was hard to find since due to lack of direction signs. Even staff in the bar did not know how to get there via the hotel.
For those who love the color: almost every wall, corner, space, floor, ceiling in the hotel is painted in apricot/brick red; the doors in dark green. Even the miorrors in the elevators are of that color. Whereas my room was as white and therefore a bit boring. Not much of a homely atmosphere. But the cleaning was excellent. Every day, including new towels! Thanks!
The bathroom was a bit of a problem. If you wanted to take a shower, you had to climb in the bath tub. A risky undertaking.
My room was not so silent as some reviewers experienced. During my stay I woke up twice in the very early because of... well. I was not the only one who was very disturbed by that. The second time I heard a lot of door smashing and people yelling at their balcony. The hotel because of it's open architecture and huge vide's, was quite loud and cold.
I'm not sure waht I should have expected of a 4 star hotel, but it surely was not this. Nevertheless there are some good points. And a tip, very simple to follow up without any costs: If people come alone (as I did) ask them whether they want to eat alone or would prefer company. Reserve a table in the restaurant for this. Needs a bit of management, but it would sure improve the feeling of being welcome and taken care of.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the first moment you step into the IBEROSTAR Marbella Coral Beach hotel, you'll find a sense of peace and tranquillity in every corner. Surrounded by palm trees, courtyards and exotic gardens, this 4-star hotel on the Costa del Sol boasts a fine Mediterranean style with Arabic and Andalusian influences and details. Located less than a half mile from the famous Puerto Banus, just over 2 miles from the centre of Marbella, the IBEROSTAR Marbella Coral Beach hotel enjoys spectacular views from right on the beach. Renovated in 2010, this quality hotel has 170 comfortable rooms of cutting-edge design, which make it a magnificent, quality hotel for couples on vacation in Marbella. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Otel, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Iberostar Marbella Coral Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Marbella Coral Beach Hotel Marbella
- Occidental Coral Beach Marbella
- Occidental Coral Beach Hotel Marbella