I stayed at Vincci Estrella del Mar for four nights recently and to say that it ticked all the boxes is an understatement. To explain I had two nights on my own when I arrived first and then two nights with a friend who arrived late due to work commitments.
The hotel is stunningly decorated in an arabic manner which really lends itself to the airy and bright corridors and other public areas. The pool areas are beautiful and it is literally the most peaceful hotel I have ever visited, most of the time all you hear are birds singing in the trees - it was amazing. There are four pools, three of which are adults only, there were children visiting but they were extremely well behaved and stayed at their own swimming pool, there is another expression for this - bliss!! (nothing against children at all but this place was out on its own in terms of the quietness)....
The hotel was very sympathetically built around what seems to be existing gardens and lots of mature trees, it was really a lovely setting overlooking the beach - the beach is actually a 3-4 minute walk from the hotel.
Two very minor, tiny little comments.
1. The bedrooms were lovely, very spacious with again nice seating areas, a fabulous bathroom - again huge with seperate toilet, seperate wetroom shower, enormous bath and two vanity units, there was also a huge balcony area with two seats and a small table - my only issue with the bedroom is that is was dark constantly - regardless of the time of day, from what I could tell it is because the balcony was so large it prevented the sun actually getting into the room - its a very minor comment but I would really have loved if it had been even a small bit brighter. All the rooms had a similar issue however I did notice that rooms facing the childrens pool got some nice sun on their balconys in the afternoons so it may have been where my room was located to be fair but perhaps if this was an issue for others they could specifically ask the reservations staff.
2. The hotel bar was very basic, in fact you could hardly call it a bar, it was a corner and literally no atmosphere. Maybe this is the Irish in me but n ot really, I was literally having an occasional glass of cava but it was the lack of atmosphere which let the place down mostly.
The hotels location suited me to perfection, it was quite but a few minutes taxi ride to Cabopino yacht marina, or the Don Carlos hotel or an extra few minutes in the other direction towards Marbella, if you need or want to be in the heart of the action this is NOT the place for you.
If, on the otherhand you want peace, tranquility, relaxation - all in stunningly beautiful and luxuious surroundings then yes, this is for you. I would have no hesitation in returning and certainly hope to in the not too distant future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vincci Selección Estrella del Mar 5* is a Luxury 5-Star establishment belonging to the Vincci Hoteles chain. The Vincci Selección Estrella del Mar is located in Marbella, 8 km from downtown and 43 km from Malaga airport. The hotel is set in an exceptional location in the heart of the Costa del Sol, in the area known as “Elviria–Las Chapas”, regarded as one of the town's most desirable spots and near what is considered the best beach on this part of the coast.Built in a modern Mediterranean style with Arab influence, it has 137 rooms and suites, all imbued with Vincci Hoteles trademark style and elegance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Vincci Seleccion Estrella del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vincci Seleccion Estrella Del Mar Hotel Marbella
- Vincci Hotel Marbella
- Seleccion Estrella Del Mar Vincci