Four of us have just spent a week at the Estrella del Mar.
Good points: A striking hotel architecturally, with a Moorish influence. Large, comfortable rooms and well-equipped bathrooms. High standard of cleanliness in all areas. Beautiful landscaped gardens and well-maintained pools and loungers. Helpful reception staff. Free parking outside hotel, subject to availability. Quiet location, but only 5 mins. walk from public beach. Excellent buffet breakfasts.
Drawbacks: The hotel is difficult to locate, especially coming from Málaga airport. More advance signs are needed. As the hotel is in a residential area, shops and restaurants lie mainly the other side of the A7, which means a 10 to 15 min. walk, crossing the dual carriageway by a footbridge. The a la carte menu in the Baraka restaurant lacks imagination. The evening buffet in the main restaurant is extensive, but would be better if quality were favoured over quantity. There must be a tremendous amount of waste every evening when the hotel is quiet, as it was during our stay. We were given little information about the hotel's facilities and had to find our own way around the bars and restaurants.
As the hotel garden was so quiet, and the weather excellent, we did not use our two-day complimentary passes to the Beach Club, so can't comment on the facilities there.
All in all, this hotel has great potential but the personal touch is lacking. Someone needs to really sell it to guests when they arrive and make sure that they know exactly what is on offer.
One final gripe. We had to leave early to catch our flight. We were told that juice, coffee & croissants would be in reception as we booked out. The coffee & milk machines weren't working properly. We raided the restaurant and found that it was opening up & we could have had continental breakfast in there. Sadly, that summed up the week. Some joined-up management is needed to reach the 5 star standard this elegant hotel deserves.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vincci Selección Estrella del Mar 5* is a Luxury 5-Star establishment belonging to the Vincci Hoteles chain. The Vincci Selección Estrella del Mar is located in Marbella, 8 km from downtown and 43 km from Malaga airport. The hotel is set in an exceptional location in the heart of the Costa del Sol, in the area known as “Elviria–Las Chapas”, regarded as one of the town's most desirable spots and near what is considered the best beach on this part of the coast.Built in a modern Mediterranean style with Arab influence, it has 137 rooms and suites, all imbued with Vincci Hoteles trademark style and elegance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Vincci Seleccion Estrella del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vincci Seleccion Estrella Del Mar Hotel Marbella
- Vincci Hotel Marbella
- Seleccion Estrella Del Mar Vincci