“Do not stay here” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #46 of 85 Specialty lodging in Malaga
Hamburg, Germany
“Do not stay here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

We just stayed one out of five nights we had booked in advance.
The beds and bathroom are really dirty. So we changed to a Hotel closer to the centre, slightly more expensive but clean.
I wouldn't recommend anyone to stay here.

For location and cleanliness completely overpriced.

• Stayed September 2013

26 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I was staying recently in Hostal La Paloma for 9 nights. Rooms are not very clean there and batrooms are even dirty especially shower which i think it wasnt clean from the time that hostal exist. Rooms which are not taken have open doors so you can see all of them. Once when i going out i saw on the floor dog droppings. It was really disgusting!!! Next thing that now its not very hot in Malaga and room was very cold and cause of it we both with my fiance came back home sick. We ask for some hitter but thing what they gave us wasnt even put the temperature inside the room a little. Everything is old and dirty even bed sheet and bedding stufs. Everything different colours, blancets also didnt seem nice and clean. I really was all the time thinking that i will catch sth bad there. We were very surprised with my fiance cause during summer we have stayed in other hostal ( El Nogal) and there everything was nice and clean and we chose this one cause was closer to the city but we didnt expect that it will be such a huge difference between them. Internet didnt work properly... From 9 days we had internet jus for 2 and for next 7 day nobady came to fix it even when we were asking for it. Hostel is not far from the center so you can walk sth like 15 min without taking bus but really i prefer to use bus every day and be happy with plays im staying in. It was the worst experince i've ever had in the hostal so if you want to have nice stay dont choose this hostal.

Room Tip: Room no 6 is ugly
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

I went to Malaga with my 2 friends so we were looking for something afordable. I didnt expect this hostel to be so great. It has a special feeling and atmosphere, great kitchen where we spent most of time inside but the most amazing was staff who were the most friendly people I ever met. We had a great time and felt like home, almost crying on our way back. I will come again only to visit these great people with big heart. Hugs to you guys from Slovakia/ UK

Room Tip: We stayed in a triple room but seen almost all of them as hostel was empty when we came. They are al...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Санкт-Петербург, Россия
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

I spent in La Paloma two nights in march 2011, it all cost 50 euros. It was my first visit of Malaga, and right from airport I went to that hostal. It was funny, but I couldn't find the hostal though I got to the right street, finally I asked people in a store right near it. You have to go upstairs and there you will see a sign pointing at the door of hostal.
Stuff was nice and helpful, they speak English.
I booked a single room through Internet. It was not that small, normal one: one bed, a small bedside table, two chairs, sink with mirror, TV. Furniture looks kind of poor and old. There was one big window with look for walls of opposite houses, also it was a small balcony, but i didn't open it and didn't go there.
Shared bathroom was right opposite my room. It was good enough: clean, and no problem with hot water. And actually I didn't see many people there, so bathroom wasn't occupied at all.
Maybe coz of weather, but in room it was a bit cold, especially at night.
Actually location of hostal is good, not that far from city center. Also it's very easy to get to Alcazaba, Gibralfaro and Cathedral.
As for me it was not bad, everything was expected for such a price. For travellers who don't need much but bed, shower and simple things it's good.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2007

Having stayed for a week in Benalmadena @ the Royal Oasis Club @ Benal Beach I needed to find a place for 2 nights near the airport so decamped to Malaga. I booked the room by phone at 11am for 2 nights knowing there was no en suite facilities but what do you expect from a 1 Star Hostal.

I arrived in Malaga at about 12.30 and took half an hour to locate the road the hostal was located in. The cost was 48 Euros for 2nights room only, no breakfast but the staff were in general very helpful especially Raphael.

The room was large enough with 2 single beds in the room and a balcony that unfortunately was overlooked by 2 other blocks of flats and overlooked a rather tired street ( I would have called it a large alley). I arrived at 2pm and the room wasn't ready and the lady cleaned it in about 20Minutes.

The Hotel is situated about a 10 minute walk away from the main drag area of Malaga and near to Marquis de larios and the shopping area for the spanish and about 15 minutes from The Alcazabar and the Castille Gibralfaro

The shared bathroom was kept pretty clean but was spoilt by the 3 blobs of dried black paint in the bath and the fact that the shower was actually just an attachment like te one my grandparents used!

Unfortunately I cant recommend this place overall - would I use it again, probably not but would if there was no choice.

Stayed September 2007

Been to Hostal La Paloma? Share your experiences!