“Great Hotel, if visiting Malaga” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Barcelo Malaga

Save Saved
You added Barcelo Malaga to your Saves list
Barcelo Malaga
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Heroe de Sostoa 2 | Estacion Vialia Maria Zambrano, 29002 Malaga, Spain   |
Ranked #2 of 91 hotels in Malaga
England
“Great Hotel, if visiting Malaga”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We stayed here just after New Year, lovely location, fantastic breakfast in the morning, comfy massive bed, and a slide ....we walked to the old town (15 mins away) and walked back, its the 2nd to last stop on the train from the airport, will stay here again and recommend the venue.

Room Tip: Despite by the train station there was no noise
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

1,022 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

It was a runaway holiday for my and my girlfriend witch lasted 8 days. And I must to say, in my opinion "Barcelo Malaga" is best suited for stay not longer then 4 days. Yes the rooms was big enough and the bed was big and comfortable (we had room with the "Queen size Bed"). But how can you convince your girlfriend that two cocktail dresses is enough ? Maybe I would take my chances at home but in Malaga on New Years party... so we used all our luggage allowance, and when I finally dragged the luggage by thinking how I hate "Gucci", "Versace" and all other "Luggage Enemies" ;) I saw tiny shelf with 8 hangers... my mind jumped from fashion industry to a designer witch installed this thing. We ended with half unpacked luggage witch for four star hotel is a bit disappointing.
Another thing was dust in a room. After each day everything was covered in it. I need to point out that was not due a room service, witch was wonderful, but ventilation system. Wonder how it will be in a hot season ?
Breakfast is another argument not to stay here longer then a few days. It's not bad or anything but absolutely identical. After five days eating same food we went in town for breakfast and liked a lot. I highly recommend to do the same, I think breakfast is optional when booking.
There are training facilities and sauna witch where nice and cosy. Great location. Car park extra 15 eur/day.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Barcelo is a pretty modern hotel which we really liked. The location is ok - next to the railway station, but you never feel any presence of the railway station when inside. Even it is not in the historical center of the city, 5-10 minutes taxi drive at 5 Euro cost resolves this issue. The sound insulation is fantastic - there is absolutely no noise from outside. Creative design of the rooms and the hotel itself, warm welcoming from the staff, big rooms with the "eat&talk" zone - everything was even better than we expected. The price was attractive - we paid 150 Euro per night for two adjacent rooms. I'd recommend this hotel both for business trips and for family stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
kent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights at this hotel and would definitely stay again.

The hotel lobby/bar area is beautiful. I loved the slide from the first floor into the bar, a very interesting touch!

Check-in was great. The guys on reception were extremely helpful and nothing was too much trouble.

Rooms - We stayed in a superior on the 6th floor and it was lovely. Great views across the square. I especially liked the electric blind...I think I might need to get out a bit more!! The room was modern and clean and the beds were comfortable with a choice of pillows.

Only gripe and its just a minor one, was that the wifi wasn’t that good, however that appears to be the norm with most hotels I stay in, so didn’t bother me too much.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

After slight difficulty finding the hotel from the train station (you need to really look out for the signs) we got a good welcome to a bright and quirky lobby. The lobby features funky colourful furniture and a slide from the first floor in case you find the lift or stairs too dull.

The room was spotless and fairly well appointed. An iPhone dock would have been a nice addition, but the free wifi throughout the hotel was a welcome feature. The only flaw with the room was air conditioning that doesn’t go below 20 degrees. As a result we slept with the window open which was slightly noisy. The shower was excellent, with all sorts of different jets and options.

The location was flawless: right beside the train station, a five minute walk to the beach and directly across the road from El Cortes Ingles (a big supermarket). It took us about thirty minutes to walk to the centre of the old town. We didn’t eat breakfast at the hotel, but the buffet (€15 each) looked varied and good. There are a number of cafes around the area where you can get a good coffee for under €2.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Barcelo Malaga on November 2 after arriving in Malaga via the Ave high speed train from Madrid. The hotel is adjoined to the train station. The hotel staff spoke fluent English. We were able to check in early at no additional charge. We had reserved a Superior King bed room with wifi for 69.60Euros=about $94US. The hotel is very art deco, contemporary museum-like. The room was smaller than the traditional American hotel, but the decor was clean and modern. I loved the room and the bathroom was well lit and very nice. The hotel staff was friendly. They were able to exchange US for Euros at the desk. My husband went down the slide from the 2nd floor to the lobby and after I posted it on facebook everyone wanted to come to this hotel! Within walking distance to malls, many restaurants, and museums. Taxi fare from Barcelo to the cruise terminal was 12 Euros (but too far to walk with luggage so no other option really).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stayed here a single night when our flight was unexpectedly cancelled due to fog . The hotel is very modern with large rooms . Excellent bathrooms . No noise from other rooms so all in all difficult to find fault . The staff were friendly and efficient and I was very impressed with the buffet breakfast - with a good selection of hot food and cold meats and cheeses .

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Barcelo Malaga? Share your experiences!