“Barbequed fish dinner” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Scotland
“Barbequed fish dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

This is a beachside restaurant and is the first one you reach if you walk down to the shore from the automobile museum. It is therefore a bit of a walk, say 30-40 minutes from Plaza de la Constitution. It is manned by some elderly waiters who don't speak much English. We had lunch on the veranda facing the sea. I asked for the waiter's recommendation on today's fish and he gave me a few options. I chose the sea bass and he brought it out so I could look at it and agree the price which is based on weight. The fish then goes onto a wooden skewer beside the charcoal flames on a boat on the beach. This was served with large salad. I could have had potatoes too but didn't want them. The fish was covered in small pieces of fried garlic and parsley. It was excellent. The creamy tasting flesh came away from the bone easily and I ate most of the delicious skin as well. The house wine was a cold dry white from Malaga and complimented the food well. My dining companions were very satisfied with their meals too. One had chicken and the other had fried, pre filleted fish. Although this restaurant is a bit more of a hike from the middle of the town it is well worth it. We tried one nearer, the Rocamar, but it was nothing like as good.

• Visited June 2013