We booked the Novotel because we were familiar with their brand and service from past trips. But the Malaga Hotel Aeropuerto is TOTALLY DIFFERENT!
Service-There was a man(I believe his name was Jose) who worked at the hotel Front Desk the entire time we were there. He was absolutely horrible. In most cases, people expect that they will receive good service for spending their money at establishments. However, this guy treated my Father and I with contempt and utter disrespect just for asking for basic things like taxis and to add the points to our frequent traveler account. He was short, abrasive, and totally arrogant. The other women who worked the Desk @ night were great!
Taxis-ARRANGE YOUR OWN TAXIS AND TRANSPORTATION! The arrogant fellow who I mentioned above arranged a taxi for my father and I the first day. This taxi driver was his friend! Not only did the taxi guy push one button on his meter and double the price but he was talking about us openly in Spanish in the cab to someone on the phone. On the taxi ride home we realized what happened because the taxi drive we arranged to take us home was only 5 euros where as we travelled the same route on the outbound and were charged 10 euros!
Location: The hotel is not located near the beach or the centre of Malaga. One taxi driver informed us that we could have gotten a hotel in the middle of the city for the same price. If you do not have your own transporation ie a rental car, do not stay at this hotel.
Room- The rooms were clean and the wifi was great. BUT BE AWARE that winter time in Malaga is not the same as winter in other parts of the world, meaning its still around 60-70 degrees warm! We politely informed the front desk that our air conditioners were not working properly. They stated that they turned off the entire air conditioning system in the winter!! CAN WE SAY GHETTO?!!!!!
Food- Find your own food and eat out. We ate right across the street @ the Mall for 5 euros. The hotel charges 14 EUROS for some eggs and dry croissants!
Overall, this hotel would be fine if you are only looking for cleanliness and you are a frequent traveler to malaga with a rental car. But if you are a first timer and AMERICAN as we are, KEEP LOOKING!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Novotel Málaga Aeropuerto is a recently built 4-star hotel just 3km away from the airport offering a free shuttle service from 7am to 10pm. 1km from the Martin Carpena Sports Hall and 5km from the Convention Centre, Novotel offers easy access to Malaga City Centre and the beaches of the Costa del Sol. With comfortable and modern rooms, Claravía Restaurant, terrace, outdoor pool, parking and meeting rooms the hotel is the perfect choice for a leisure or business stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Despegar.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Novotel Malaga Aeropuerto reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Malaga Aeropuerto Hotel Malaga
- Novotel Hotel Malaga Aeropuerto
- Novotel Hotel málaga
- málaga Novotel
- Novotel Malaga Aeropuerto Spain - Costa Del Sol