“It is an OK hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #51 of 89 Hotels in Malaga
Hong kong
“It is an OK hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

People are nice and they try hard to make you stay feel confort able. This is not a 5 start hotel. The corridor carpets are a bit dirty, but the rooms are clean and functional. You get what you pay for. Free Wifi in the room. Lots of car par space outside. Actually the hotel is not at the airport compound but 5km away on the road from Malaga to the Airport. Location is great if you have a flight on the next day, not so good if you are staying in Malaga. But the prices are soft.

Room Tip: Take a room facing the swimming pool. They are very quiet
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Manchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

For those of you who know what the Novotel's of the late 2000's are like, then this hotel is exactly that.. a Novotel of the late 2000's.. The "Novation" type room of the restyling of the brand that has taken place.. with the usual bar, restaurant, social areas, amenities etc...

It is also pretty close to Malaga airport.. It took mo more than about 5 mins to drive to the airport at 9.30am in the morning..

The "problem" with this hotel is not finding its general location, that is fairly straightforward, and it has a large blue sign on it to help you. No, the problem, to me, seems to be that if it is your first trip to the area (as it was mine) then it is then navigating the road layouts in and around the area to get to the parking/door that is the problem. The road layouts appear to have been modified in recent years and so, as my TomTom maps are sufficiently out of date, I was left to try and navigate myself.. It took me about 20 minutes to find my way having got to the general area.. The directions on the accor site do help a little, but I forgot to print them..

Nonetheless, I was happy to stay here as a night before a flight home.. and I was happy with the arte I got (85 Euros)..

Room Tip: West side rooms are on airport side (but I didn't really notice the noise).
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011

Please remove the transfer from the airport in the information about hotel. Hotel is good. But there's no transfer from the airport. I wasted my time in the airport in searching for the bus. But inside the hotel everything was fine.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Kaiserslautern, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

I selected this hotel for the last night of my trip to Andulusia as I had an early morning flight out and thought it best to be near the airport for ease and cost of taxis. I was wrong. Agree with others that the place is hard to find. I checked in and drove to the airport to return my rental car thinking it was cheaper to taxi the 3k than to keep the rental an additional day. I ended up spending over 45 Euro in taxi fares back to the hotel and then to the airport the next day. The hotel is in a seedy area and there is nowhere to go on foot for meals. The carpet in the hallways is absolutely disgusting. The view from my room included the freeway, a chainlink fence around a vacant lot with garbage and an old man urinating. I would have been better off staying in the city the last night. The taxi fare would have been the same and I could have enjoyed my last evening in Spain. Oh, and the AC was not working.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

The hotel is a little difficult to access when coming from the airport, but is visible from the road. One has to make a u-turn via the roundabout and make a sharp right turn into the hote -- a little tricky but not too bad. The hotel reception was extremely friendly and helpful. Restaurant help was a little less friendly and a little slow. The room was very good - clean, comfortable and welcoming. I would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Limerick Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

My friend and I stayed here recently for a 5 day trip to Malaga - the hotel states on it's website that it is just 2km from a beach and 2km from the city centre. It is also located very close to the airport. We arrived and took a taxi, it cost us 16 euro to travel around the corner. When queried in the hotel about the cost the receptionist told us that there was a fixed price from the airport. It took us 30 minutes to get into the city centre by bus - the distance was not walkable. It also took us another 15 minutes to walk to the beach from the city centre. The hotel room was very small and tea/coffee making was very poor, we got paper cups (both of us got scalded) and they were not renewed daily. When I asked for tea cups I was told by the not so friendly receptionist that I must come down to reception and collect them- the ones given were even smaller than the original ones. I would not recommend this hotel for anyone staying in malaga. Overall I loved malaga and will definitely travel again, it was very very cheap once you found your way around on public transport. Food was excellent and reasonable and the city itself was buzzing

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Novotel Malaga Aeropuerto? Share your experiences!