“Underwhelming” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Museo Picasso Malaga

Museo Picasso Malaga
Palacio de Buenavista San Agustin 8, 29015 Malaga, Spain (Centro)
34 95 212 7600

Type: Art Museums
Attraction Details
“Underwhelming”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014 NEW

Possibly my expectations were too high, but I felt completely underwhelmed by this museum. Not only did it feel like the museum staff were watching over us like hawks, but the entire museum was very unengaging and just very bland. Many of Picasso's pieces are very abstract and difficult to understand. If you're an art enthusiast, you will probably get more out of this museum. For 'average' people, I would recommend drinking a sangria or two before entering and viewing the museum.

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Galway, Ireland
3 attraction reviews
“Picasso Museum”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014 NEW

Visited with our two young children, aged 9 and 7. Adults paid in and the children were free. It was €8 per adult. Well worth a look but I think art enthusiasts would gain more from it.

“Worst museum experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014 NEW via mobile

This visit was the worst I have had at a museum ever. All the staff were really stuck up. Nobody wanted to help when I had to collect my bag, and when a man did he pushed my bag over the counter very pointedly staring angrily into my eyes. Left the museum with a strong feeling that I was not welcome there. If you would like a nice museum experience, do not go there!

Strasbourg, France
6 attraction reviews
“Worth the visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Picasso had to have a Museum in Malaga (in addition to Casa Natal). The works, the building, the atmosphere... everything makes it enjoyable.
Have a look to the basement before you leave.

Visited June 2014
Twinsburg, Ohio, United States
4 attraction reviews
“Don't leave Malaga without seeing the Picasso Museum”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

The Picasso museum was very informative. We saw a lot of different Picasso art work and listened to narratives about his life and creative style. The location was convenient to our hotel and we easily hopped on a city bus to get there. Not far from the beach either, so when you get tired of looking at the paintings on the wall, you can head to the beach and spend some time viewing nature's artwork.