“Traditional Spanish Hotel with relaxed atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Los Naranjos

You added Hotel Los Naranjos to your Saves list
Hotel Los Naranjos
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Paseo de Sancha 35, 29016 Malaga, Spain (Formerly Sercotel Hotel Los Naranjos)   |
Ranked #49 of 89 Hotels in Malaga
Pewsey Wiltshire
“Traditional Spanish Hotel with relaxed atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed at the Los Naranjos during Semana Santa (Holy Week).
Very warm welcome, great single room with balcony, enough room for a desk, chair and arm chair. Reasonable size single bed which was comfortable, large built in wardrobe with free safe. Small Lcd TV with local channels and world news channel in English and free reliable wifi.
Also very useful small fridge which was stocked with water, drinks and beer at reasonable prices, still ample room to keep your own items cold. Bathroom a bit dated but fitted in with the the traditional look of the hotel and the shower was always hot with plenty of pressure. I didn't experience any noise when I stayed and it was a great escape from the madness of the Semana Santa processions going on until 5am in the city.
The beach area was amazing and you could access the beach across the road within a 2 minute stroll. Local shop selling drinks, ice and snacks was only 3 minutes walk and there was some nice reasonably priced cafes and restaurants less than 400 yards away.
There is a bus stop outside the hotel which had several routes at the one stop and they all took you into the city every 10 minutes for as little €1.30 single trip, the number 11 would even take you to the clinico area at the other side of the city for €1.65.
I used the busses and walked everywhere including the airport, which was only €3 from the airport to the city station and I then caught the bus to the hotel for€1.30 - taxi I was told was around €15 from the airport to Los Naranjos.
Breakfast was included and was great. Lots of hot and cold food, pastries, cold meats, cheese, eggs, bacon, jamon, fruit, coffee, tea, orange and pineapple juice on tap.
Couldn't fault my stay here or the area and highly recommend anyone wanting to experience traditional Spain in a relaxed area to use Los Naranjos.

Stayed March 2015, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Turkish first
Lincoln, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2015

We had a lovely time at this hotel in late Feb 2015. All facilities were good - beds comfy, shower good, hairdryer did the job (but not blow dry quality), nice room with a good sea view from our 5th floor balcony. daily room service. We didn't have very contact with the staff as we were out and about exploring Malaga's many interesting sights - the Moorish and Roman sites along with the art galleries, restaurants, bars and harbour areas were of particular interest to us. However I must mention the receptionist who was very helpful in arranging a day trip to Gibraltar- we said what we were interested in and she organised it for us. She also arranged the taxi to the pick up point for us - thank you :)
Our accommodation was room only - which suited us fine- there were bars/restaurants just over the road but these didn't seem to open until 12 - 1pm at this time of year so we took a pleasant walk either along the sea front or the main road to find a bar for our breakfast, We found good coffee and toastie or Spanish tosta with tomatoes in the Plaza café opposite the main tourist info centre, it hit the spot and set us up for a few hours ( about 15 min walk from hotel or a 3-4 min bus journey E1.30 each way if you can't face the walk! 4 - 5 buses pass by the4 hotel so you're never waiting long). Once you get into town there are many options to travel further afield by local bus along the coast - we paid 1.65E to Torremolinos - just to see what it was like...........lots of souvenir shops and bars. We watched some Salsa dancing by the locals in Independence Square ( which was a real sun trap) and had a drink and a bite to eat at the "Rugby Club" which had a friendly community feeling.

Back in Malaga I recommend the Carmen Thyssen museum - my favourites were Sorrolla and Romero do Torres pieces however there are loads more to see. The Cerreza and Tapas bar right opposite this place provides a welcome pit stop.

Closer to Los Narranjos hotel we had some very good meals at de Sanche right opposite; I recommend the langoustines- absolutely delicious and v good value ( can't remember exactly but 8 excellent langoustines for about 10E) or the lamb chops and my husband loved the albondigos....he's had them in many of the Spanish towns, cities and villages we've visited and says these are probably the best....that's some recommendation and they're only about 6E.

Hope you enjoy your stay in Malaga and at Los Narranjos as much as we did.
PS Air con worked well in our room and was a God send to me as a woman of a certain age!!!!!

Room Tip: Room on 5th floor for god view of beach
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Valencia, Spain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2015

The hotel is located in a good neighborhood but on a busy street. But then again close to the beach. Rooms are very clean! But we could hear neigbours (very thin walls). Ok for a 3 star hotel, breakfast a little bit too simple.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are quieter!!!
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
bordeaux
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2015

I always try to be objective in any reviews but its hard when you fell like you've been scammed!Arrived at reception after navigating the tightest underground carpark ever(anything bigger than a Micra would be stress central,my Peugeot was just about manageable) and during check in was advised to change to a double bed as I was on my own.agreed as I believed I was just getting a different bed.was given a card with my a much lower rate than I had booked.when I got to the room it was half the size of the one I had booked,paying extra to get a good sized one..a real grim poke hole where I could hear people from next door talking!a crap balcony!a tiny smelly bathroom!but the discount?I looked closer at the receipt and realised that it only covered two thirds of my stay! I immediately headed to reception and was told that because of a computer issue the receipt was only for the first few nights and I would be paying the full rate for my tiny single room of 10 m2 when I had paid for a double/twin room of 23m2(all in black and white writing not just photos)..After much stressful discussion i was told that I would get the room I paid for the next day and MAYBE receive a discount at checkout!Felt like leaving that night but it was bad timing so stayed.Moved next day to the proper sized room which was fine except that every time the lift moved a huge boom boom shuddered the room!
Besides their trickery this is not really a hotel,just a b n'b with notions.no bar.nor restaurant. Nothing except bedrooms and a reception desk..the road out front is always busy and the air is terrible.40 minute walk into centre! The worst of both worlds.old smelly carpets.tiny unsafe lift.
I got lazy doing my TripAdvisor research because I'd stayed in so many very good Spanish hotels but this conjob of a flophouse has really got me back on track.Malaya is a great city and this pretentious fleapit almost ruined it for me. Do yourself a favour and avoid.

Room Tip: All rooms ruined by the old lift and poor noise isolation!
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Biel, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2014

We chose our room on the 5th floor because of the amazing sea view. Room was comfortable and clean. Service was correct as well as the breakfast. Bus stops and many restaurants were available nearby. Best place to stay in Malaga!!!

Room Tip: Choose the room on the 5th floor facing the sea to see the view from the balcony.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
evadominguezb, Dpto. de Calidad Los Naranjos Málaga at Hotel Los Naranjos, responded to this review, December 18, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for recommending us and for taking the time to share your experience with other travellers in Tripadvisor.
Will be a pleasure for us to welcome you again in your next visit.
Best regards,
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2014

Small inexpensive hotel very close to the beach. Clean, comfortable, lovely balcony. Not the height of luxury but excellent value for what you get. Walking distance to Malaga with bus stop literally over the road if you don't want to walk. Little parade of restaurants over the road, good for breakfast, but very many more in town of course.

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2014

A good hotel at a decent price.

Conveniently located close to the beach.

Also easy to get into town. Either get a bus or even walk.

The staff are friendly and helpful.

Don't bother with breakfast, as there are plenty of places nearby.

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Los Naranjos? Share your experiences!