Our recent trip to Malaga was complemented by an excellent stay at the Room Mate Larios.
Location - cannot be better for everything - restaurants, shops, local sights on doorstep and the beach is only a 15-20 minute walk.
Our room with balcony overlooked the bustling square and was clean and spacious. Bathroom generally good (see minor point below) - shower over bath. It was very hot during our stay, however, the air conditioning just about kept the room cool. Large beds.
Customer service also excellent. The hotel kept our luggage as we had a late flight.
There are no real bad points, but I think a few things could be improved:
Breakfast was adequate although the hot food could be better - cold scrambled eggs one morning and bacon/ham quite fatty.
Room bathroom needed fresh grouting, but again okay.
We were slightly disappointed that the bar room (also the area for breakfast) was not open during the day as this would give an area to relax and have a drink after a day's sightseeing. There is also a grand piano in this room which was unused. Maybe it is open during the winter months, but it is a shame as it is a lovely space. The roof bar/terrace is good (drinks a bit pricey compared to most other places in the centre of Malaga), but this is not open during the day either. I do not see why one of these cannot be open at all times (nothing open in the afternoon). I think other 4 star hotels closeby such as the Molina Lario and Marriott have these facilities.
The above aside, I would happily recommend the hotel and definitely would return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The emblematic Hotel Room Mate Larios, again is becoming the hub and meeting place for the coolest people in the city of Malaga. Following the reopening of LATERRAZA DELARIOS last summer, the incorporation of LARIOSGASTROBAR puts in charge of the kitchen chef Pablo Molowny disciple of Berasastegui and Arzak, who after becoming very successful in the restaurant GIFT (Room Mate ÓSCAR, Madrid), earned many loyal political personalities, artists and designers who enjoyed his kitchen and new understanding of gastronomy, as well as his design and cuisine but without losing the traditional flavors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Splendia, Agoda and Despegar.com so you can book your Room Mate Larios reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Room Mate Larios Hotel Malaga
- Room Mate Larios málaga
- Room Mate Larios Hotel málaga
- Room Mate Larios Malaga, Spain - Costa Del Sol