This is THE place to stay if you want to be at the heart of the city – near shops and Carmen Thyssen and within a 5 minute walk to the port and cathedral - but without too much hubbub often associated with town centre locations. It's a long established hotel but street access is discreet with reception and public rooms up stairs/lift on the first floor. The hotel is stylish and rooms generally well appointed. Public spaces are plush without being over the top and the bar area is a pleasant and usually relatively quiet place to entertain.
We chose a Junior Suite (403) which gave us great views across the Plaza de la Constitution and the daily and nightly perambulations of Malagueistas. About 30% of rooms face the rear and will have no view: be aware when booking that if you need complete quiet probably the rear facing rooms would suit best.
Our room was large with a good sized comfortable bed and good pillows. Two sets of curtains meant daylight was kept out in the early mornings and the windows were well enough insulated for sound to avoid hearing much of the occasional late night revellers outside. Bathrooms were high spec with usual (for the area) black marble and travertine tiles. Our room safe was plenty big enough to take a laptop.
We only ate breakfast in the hotel once. It was Ok but even at €7.50 nothing to get over excited about. Unless you want the full range of breakfast fare it’s more fun to use one of the local cafes.
Receptionists were knowledgeable and happy to help with any problems. One of the pluses for me was that you can enter the hotel off the street and go to your room without always passing reception.
I’d definitely recommend this hotel and prefer it to the other four we’ve used in the city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The emblematic Hotel Room Mate Larios, again is becoming the hub and meeting place for the coolest people in the city of Malaga. Following the reopening of LATERRAZA DELARIOS last summer, the incorporation of LARIOSGASTROBAR puts in charge of the kitchen chef Pablo Molowny disciple of Berasastegui and Arzak, who after becoming very successful in the restaurant GIFT (Room Mate ÓSCAR, Madrid), earned many loyal political personalities, artists and designers who enjoyed his kitchen and new understanding of gastronomy, as well as his design and cuisine but without losing the traditional flavors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Otel and Venere so you can book your Room Mate Larios reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Room Mate Larios Hotel Malaga
- Room Mate Larios málaga
- Room Mate Larios Hotel málaga
- Room Mate Larios Malaga, Spain - Costa Del Sol