“Our Favorite Malaga Restaurant” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La casa del perro

La casa del perro
Cuisines: Spanish, Vegetarian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Brookhaven, New York
“Our Favorite Malaga Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I love the city of Malaga, and although tempted by the many wonderful restaurants in the city, my partner and I find ourselves often returning to La Casa Del Perro, for its warm atmosphere and delicious food. Anna always makes us feel so genuinely welcomed and we return now feeling more like friends than customers. The setting is charming and cozy, the food AMAZING and the atmosphere warm and friendly. The menu del dia offers unique meat, fish and vegetarian options, and the little bites are artistic, as well as delicious. We have never been disappointed, and we look forward to returning again and again to our favorite Malaga restaurant.

• Visited January 2013

Rowland Heights, California
“Unique tapas in a very nice little restaurant.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

This place is hard to find and mainly for locals. The tapas are very unique and different from your traditional tapas elsewhere in Malaga. The presentations were simply wonderful. If you are looking for standard tapas, then this may not be the place for you. Our family of four had a good time here and the steak tapa was very good. It was a wonderful experience for us to get away from the touristy places on the main drags.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Competa, Spain
“Delicious delicious food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

We had seen this restaurant on a previous trip to the restaurant next door.Which also serves great vegetarian food. I'd have been happy to have gone there again.but my wife wanted to give Casa del Perro ago,so in we went and what a treat they had in store for us.The food and service where both great.we went for the menu del dia at 8.50 euros.only one of our group made it to desert which we all helped him out with,the portions here are very generous. We can't wait to go to La Casa Del Perro again.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Granada, Andalucia, Spain
“Very accomodating owner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

I happened upon this restaurant while looking for another one, and got there right before the dinner rush. I explained to the owner that I had a stomach ulcer and was unable to eat most foods. She spoke to me partially in English so I would understand her totally, and had the chefs make a soup especially for me! It was delicious and the atmosphere was great, but of course the winner was the owner who was super sweet! Would definitely go back and I highly recommend to others :)

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“A pleasant surprise in the heart of Malaga”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

Wau. The place was empty when we got there, don't be fooled. It was packed with locals when we left. And there is a reason for it: the food was phenomenal for the price! Propably one of the nicest waitresses in whole of Spain :-)
Totally understood the gluten-free diet and made sure every dish (we had maybe 10) was safe. Douze points from finlande!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere