“Tapa's” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tapeo de Cervantes

Tapeo de Cervantes
C/ Carcer, 8, 29012 Malaga, Spain (Centro)
0034 952609458
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 1,173 restaurants in Malaga
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Neighborhood: Centro
Description: Schedule:13.00 to 15.3019.30 to 23.30Closed on Mondays and Sundays for lunchHorarios:13.00 a 15.3019.30 a 23.30Cerrado los lunes y los domingos al mediodia
Brussels, Belgium
“Tapa's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

This very small restaurant in the street (calle Carcer) in front of the Cervantes Museum has the most exquisite choice of tapa's. They are all different and very tastefull. Just enjoy with a glass of wine.

• Visited November 2013

91% Recommend
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Devon, United Kingdom
“Excellent you would be crazy not to go here.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

This place is on the small side, but if you're lucky enough to get in the food is outstanding.
For 2 drinks each (me and my partner) and around 8 tapas dishes it only cost E40!!! Amazing value. Honestly the pork with pumpkin and pineapple relish I'm addicted to. The octopus was delicious, I can't even describe how good the food actually is.
Just go try it out. The staff are amazing and take their recommendations if you don't know what to have, as they are spot on. I'm honestly considering trying to find a way to come back to malaga just to eat here again. That or kidnapping the chef....

New York City, New York
“Great tapas place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

I came here with my boyfriend late one night and had to wait a bit for a table but glad we did. The food and drinks were yummy! Probably the best tapas we had during our trip to Spain. Everything was fantastic except a chicken dish I ordered was a bit chewy and imagine my surprise when they didn't charge us for it. That customer service was A+ and I will recommend this to everyone.

Brussels, Belgium
“Tourist trap alert!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

This place is the perfect example of a tourist trap.
Overpriced so-called 'tapas' that seem to use mostly frozen or canned ingredients and give a low-quality feel to them.
The staff is unfriendly and made me feel like I was a bother for them...

Maybe if you don't know Malaga/Andalousian food you might think this is a typical restaurant in the South of Spain... but as a Malaga-born person I'd say - do not be fooled. After two visits (one with family, one with friends) I regard this so-called restaurant as a money-making machine perfectly crafted to fool naive, unsuspecting tourists.

At least I did not see any locals any of the two times I visited. They must have been eating real Malaga food in a real Malaga restaurant served by your typical friendly Malaga waiters. I.e. NOT in Tapeo de Cervantes.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
ards
“Delicious and fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

It was hard to find but worth the search. I was tempted to walk the other way when I seen the outside of the tapas bar but so so glad I didn't. It was the best tapas I've had to date my husband and I loved the food and would take a trip back to Malaga just to go there again. I would love to try their other restaurant which diners beside us where telling us was just as good.

• Visited August 2013