“Excellent you would be crazy not to go here.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 1,321 Restaurants in Malaga
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Dessert, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Schedule:13.00 to 15.3019.30 to 23.30Closed on Mondays and Sundays for lunchHorarios:13.00 a 15.3019.30 a 23.30Cerrado los lunes y los domingos al mediodia
Devon, United Kingdom
“Excellent you would be crazy not to go here.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

This place is on the small side, but if you're lucky enough to get in the food is outstanding.
For 2 drinks each (me and my partner) and around 8 tapas dishes it only cost E40!!! Amazing value. Honestly the pork with pumpkin and pineapple relish I'm addicted to. The octopus was delicious, I can't even describe how good the food actually is.
Just go try it out. The staff are amazing and take their recommendations if you don't know what to have, as they are spot on. I'm honestly considering trying to find a way to come back to malaga just to eat here again. That or kidnapping the chef....

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
“Great tapas place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

I came here with my boyfriend late one night and had to wait a bit for a table but glad we did. The food and drinks were yummy! Probably the best tapas we had during our trip to Spain. Everything was fantastic except a chicken dish I ordered was a bit chewy and imagine my surprise when they didn't charge us for it. That customer service was A+ and I will recommend this to everyone.

Brussels, Belgium
“Tourist trap alert!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

This place is the perfect example of a tourist trap.
Overpriced so-called 'tapas' that seem to use mostly frozen or canned ingredients and give a low-quality feel to them.
The staff is unfriendly and made me feel like I was a bother for them...

Maybe if you don't know Malaga/Andalousian food you might think this is a typical restaurant in the South of Spain... but as a Malaga-born person I'd say - do not be fooled. After two visits (one with family, one with friends) I regard this so-called restaurant as a money-making machine perfectly crafted to fool naive, unsuspecting tourists.

At least I did not see any locals any of the two times I visited. They must have been eating real Malaga food in a real Malaga restaurant served by your typical friendly Malaga waiters. I.e. NOT in Tapeo de Cervantes.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
ards
“Delicious and fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

It was hard to find but worth the search. I was tempted to walk the other way when I seen the outside of the tapas bar but so so glad I didn't. It was the best tapas I've had to date my husband and I loved the food and would take a trip back to Malaga just to go there again. I would love to try their other restaurant which diners beside us where telling us was just as good.

• Visited August 2013
Ely, United Kingdom
“FANTASTIC!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

I was torn between this restaurant and el mason de cervantes (also owned by the same owner) but after walking by the two decided to pick Tapeo de Cervantes purely because it was quaint looking compared to the moden interior of el mason de cervantes. We made the right choice...after walking in you realise you can only fit about 15 people in the restaurant, however every Tapas dish we tried was devine. The service was fantastic and the waiters were very good with recommending dishes and drinks for you to try. In total we ended up having 7 tapas dishes, 2 desserts, 2 glasses of local wine and 2 soft drinks which came to €41, well worth the money considering on our first night we paid just over €60 for tapas and soft drinks at another restaurant where the food doesnt even compare to this! Anyone who visits Malaga cannot go wrong with visiting this restaurant....you wont be disappointed!

• Visited November 2013