“Don't bother if they are busy” 1 of 5 stars

+34 952 22 00 91
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
Gorki is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #520 of 1,375 Restaurants in Malaga
Cuisines: Winery, Spanish, Tapas
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
“Don't bother if they are busy”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

I have been to Gorki about 4 times. The wine is excellent and well priced. The food is OK.
It is well located and overall not a bad tapas bar. What sets it aside is the terrible and sometimes non existent service. I have walked out 2 out of the 4 times (2nd and 4th and final visit) as the waiters just ignore you when they are busy and just concentrate on the locals. They are experts at avoiding eye contact.
There are plenty of other places.... My advice is to spend your hard earned money at somewhere that appreciates you!

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Bruges, Belgium
“I recommend Gorki!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I strongly disagree with the 3 previous reviews from 2010. But I was there in Nov 2013 not 2010 so maybe things have changed....! Gorki clearly stands well apart and above the heavily abundant tourist-trap style tapas offerings in Málaga. The wine is excellent and not overpriced. The local "Los Aguilares Pago del Espino", DO Sierra de Málaga is divine and really worth the € 3.20/glass. Gorki has a mix of traditional tapas (the Jamon Ibérico style which is also top quality and expensive everywhere) but I really recommend it for the culinary-style tapas excursions! The "Caviar de Erizo" (sea urchin caviar) just add some lemon and ...heavenly! The fried "foie gras" with confit of fogs and Pedro Ximénez sauce....divine. We went twice during our 4 days stay in Málaga and tried several other tapa restaurants with one clear conclusion for us: go to Gorki for good wine and culinary tapas - Go to El Pimpi for atmosphere and good value for money and entertainment (watching the crowd...). Amen

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wroclaw, Poland
“try the figs at its harbour location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

There are two Gorki restos in Malaga. We've dined at the harbour one. I enjoyed the views from our table which we quite miraculously got hold of on a busy bank holiday afternoon without having to wait. I literally fished it out! Soon, there were people trying to get on a waiting list just to be able to sit outside. There was a good number of locals enjoying the day, food and wine, which I always take as a good sign.

The staff were moderately attentive, they did mix up one of our orders but worked it out in the end, and my boyfriend found his bacalao (cod) in puff not quite satisfying - serving too small and not enough fish content.

Well, my figs with foie gras and my mille-feuille were incredible. As a starter we had some crepes - nice. We also tried some great local wines, which my boyfriend enjoyed with pleasure.

I definitely cherish this memory as one of my sweetest in Malaga (maybe I'm just too easy to please ;)

The total bill was 40 EUR, my boyfriend still claims it was not worth it, whilst I am very happy to have given Gorki a chance.

Try for yourself, the view of the small port and the city definitely build up the experience.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dublin, Ireland
“excellent tapas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

We visited this restaurant on a four day break to Malaga and really enjoyed the excellent tapas and view of the marina area. Great atmosphere and superb quality of tapas and salad. Visit at lunch time when the atmosphere is better than at night time.

Visited October 2013
Bangor, United Kingdom
“nice eatery in a new part of this superb city”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

The recent development by the harbour in Malaga is stupendous; I have seen other reviewers describe this restaurant and area as a tourist trap. 99% of us are tourists when abroad; very few are travellers in the Victorian sense, after all that is where Mr Cook started out.

Sorry, a little rant but I am over it.

This place is good without being outstanding. Decent lunchtime food and wine with friendly serving staff in a fine location.

Not worth a detour but if in the city, worth a try

• Visited October 2013