“most expensive hostel I've stayed so far,but far away from avarage” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hostal Larios

You added Hostal Larios to your Saves list
Hostal Larios
C/ Marques De Larios 9, 29015 Malaga, Spain (Centro)   |
Ranked #58 of 110 Specialty Lodging in Malaga
Riga, Latvia
“most expensive hostel I've stayed so far,but far away from avarage”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

beside that I arrived without reservation, and it was late, decided that this night will be spent here, unless the price will be astronomical and for next day I'll find elsewhere to stay. reason why I stayed here is - first accommodation place from port,entering town. The only option that this place could offer me was single room for 30 €. The good thing is that this place offers WiFi Internet (although nowadays it is a common extra). The hostel is located on the third or rather on the 4th floor in an old building. For accommodation establishments company need to make renovation. This place also offers 2 showers for all guests at the hostel. There is one much better place that could offer accommodation for reasonable price. And yes - again receptionist didn't speak english.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Montreal, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

We spent one night. Left our iPad3 in our room while we were out for dinner between 8:00pm and 10:30 pm and did not use it when we got back that evening. The next day we packed up and took a flight home to Montreal. When we opened up our iPad at home, we discovered someone had swapped our new iPad3 for an iPad2 of the same color. There is no doubt in our minds that it happened at Hostal Larios and we suspect one of the hotel staff may be involved.
We strongly advise people to stay elsewhere!

Room Tip: Do not stay here or keep your valuables with you at all times.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

Interesting that so many people complain of this place "losing" reservations and then moving people to a lesser location. My experience was the opposite. I got the room I booked online, but then whenI wanted to leave a day early it was pointed out to me, not only verbally, but with imperious finger showing me the fine print of my online contract, that I was obligated to give 24 hours notice. (If I had booked by phone, she said checking out early would be no problem.) Do these people not understand the importance of customer relations? I vacated the room by 10 a.m. and left my bags to go tour the city. When I returned, they still wanted their 30 euros for the room that I vacated. I'm lucky they didn't hold my bags hostage. . . The shared bathrooms were spotlessly clean. However, there was construction of some sort going on in the building's lobby three floors down--and the resulting gray dust covered things in my room with a thin film. Reason enough to check out. And my room was the tiniest I've seen in eight weeks of touring in five countries.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Luang Prabang
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

Very clean and nice hostal close to all the historical monuments. Are able to reach from train and bus station with city bus. Lots of wonderful restaurants near by. A little noisy at night, but not too bad.

Room Tip: Try to get one away from the street side
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Tucson, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

As a solo traveler I usually stay in hostels, but this hotel is right on the main pedestrian street leading to the harbor promenade, all the shops, restaurants and sights. I was in a single bed room with the bathroom down the hall, no phone service, but did have an elevator and the security was good. Taxi to the train/bus station is only $5 and Malaga makes a good hub for day trips to Granada and Seville and a good starting point for tours to Morocco.
Some of the staff spoke English, but there was a woman behind the desk sometimes who did not speak any.
I reserved for 2 nights, but then asked for a better rate to extend for several more nights upon my return and was promised a good rate, but when I got back, they did not have it documented and so I did not get it.
The room is extremely small but a a solo traveler it worked out ok for me just because of
the location and everyone is outside until late at night. Great people watching on the streets of Malaga.

Room Tip: Ask for a better rate to extend if you want but get it in writing. Good for older solo travellers w...
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Athens
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

clean rooms but small,cheap and in the centre of malaga great location!!!!!!!.good for the money that you have to pay...

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2011

We booked this hostel because it was highly recommended by Lonely Planet but we then received an e-mail saying that we were moved to their sister hotel because they did not have space for us. We initially went to Hostal Larios (to find out where to go from there) which is located on a very central street in Malaga and is beautifully decorated. We then walked to where we would actually be staying, which lacked the same charm and definitely disappointed in terms of cleanliness. I wouldn't recommend booking this hostel because even if it goes through initially, you'll most likely get moved just like we did.

Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hostal Larios? Share your experiences!