“"AMAZING EXPERIENCE!" OBAMA VIP TOUR DEFINITELY WORTH IT!” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
El Puerto de Santa María, Andalucia, Spain
“"AMAZING EXPERIENCE!" OBAMA VIP TOUR DEFINITELY WORTH IT!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I love animals! I am a huge zoo fan. And so, we went to Selwo in October. We purchased the Special Offer 2 x 1 Obama VIP Tour tickets for only 125 euros. Super excited, but to my surprise the zoo entrance fee was not included. After checking in, we were greeted by our guide and our wonderful tour began. We first stopped to feed the lemurs and man they can really move it. They are very soft, gentle, and extra cuddly. Next, we fed the rhinos and then the ostriches. We later went up the hill to feed the ginormous giraffes and then down the hill to feed the elephants. And last but not least, we fed the infamous King of the Jungle, “THE LIONS!” That’s right, we entered the lion’s den and it was so intense. All in all, we had a wonderful experience and we will definitely share this experience again in the very near future!

Advice: When going to the elephant exhibit you must walk on a downward slope and it's really dusty. So, please wear comfortable shoes. Lastly, the bathrooms are pretty spaced apart, so be prepared for a short walk.

Visited October 2012

Geneva, Switzerland
47 attraction reviews
“VERY NICE ANIMALS PARK IN ESTEPONA, BUT LESS GOOD THAN IN TENERIFE !!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

A good place to visit during a cloudy day in Estepona, with kids and without too high expectations, as animals are most of the time very distant from your position...

Visited October 2012
Paisley
22 attraction reviews
“Well overpriced! Not for photographers”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I love animals and Im a huge zoo fan but this one was quite disappointing comparing to the ones I saw previously (look at my other reviews and you see what I mean).

First I found charging for the car park a little bit cheeky - 3 euros is not much but in addition to 24.50 for the enterance to pay for a single person is just too much! The most I paid for the zoo ever was 17.50 euros but it was SO much better and you could visit again the next day for free.

Then I discovered how limited an access to the animals is. Most animals are hidden behind glass that there is only one way yo see them, if they decide to lie down away from the glass, you can hardly see them or not at all.

There are also animals that you can only see (if you're lucky) from the truck that takes you to see them. I could not see the tigers at all becase they were too far away from the truck! even with my 300mm zoon on! The truck operator only speaks in Spanish so forget you get any informations about the animals if you dont know the language.

Watch your feet! I fell once coming off the platform and smashed my knees!

Tips for photography:
1. Take your professional camera
2. Set up on movement mode (as the truck stops only for few seconds so there is not enough time to take pictures)
3. Take your big lens (300, 500) as you will have it on most of time!

Would not recommend. Save yourself money.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Not in the summer”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We went to Selzo in August and unfortunately didn´t think it through... there were no animals during the day as it was too hot so they all stayed inside or hidden away!
The rerstaurant at the top served only a few things and was very expensive, but since you had to walk the way down you had no choice but to go with what was on offer.

I would go again but in the winter when there is lots more to see, and I would bring a hamper of food!

Kiruna, Sweden
14 attraction reviews
“A brilliant day out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

This was a great day out and to be honest far exceeded my expectations!. We got there as soon as it opened in the morning and stayed all day until around 4pm (so about 6 hours), although probably an hour was wasted searching for my raybans that I lost and were unbelievably handed into reception.

A great selection of animals, and the kids loved it, the bus rides to the different parts of the park were great fun and we took our time wandering around, having lunch and making sure we visited every part of the park. The entrance price is reasonable, the drinks and lunch a little pricey, but overall a day and money well spent!. Would definitely recommend to anyone visiting the area!. Was hoping to visit again at Christmas, but it closes from early december right through to sometime in February.