My wife and I had a really relaxing and refreshing week stay at Mar Azul. The weather was not perfect but was definitely warm and inviting ! With being on the south west side of the pool (which is fantastic) - we had Sun in the terrace from 11:30 all the way to late afternoon. I stayed in Mak's apartment in B block (booked through www.marazulownersdirect.com) and I would recommend it to anyone who wants to have a relaxing and peaceful holiday. The apartment itself is stunning and has a really large terrace with 2 great sun loungers that we could wheel around to get the best view of the garden, pool and sea. The beach itself is only 1 min from our terrace and it stretches to the left in front of the Kempinski hotel next door and allows access to their gardens and pools. The beach itself is sandy (and wide towards the front left of the hotel) but gets a bit pebbly at the water edge. The resort itself is stunning and the pool is wonderfully designed with lots of features. We did make use of the indoor pool in the early evening and had it to ourselves! I would also recommend visiting the beaches along Estepona - they are beautifully sandy and wide (takes 5 mins in the car and parking was not a problem along the side of the promenade - although we also discovered extensive underground parking).
- Also Known As:
- Mar Azul Resort Estepona Hotel
- Mar Azul Resort Estepona Hotel Estepona
- Mar Azul Hotel
- Mar Azul Resort Estepona Spain - Costa Del Sol
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mar Azul Resort is an exclusive, luxurious and peaceful oasis in a prime South-facing beach-side location next to the Kempinski Hotel Estepona & Laguna Village, with panoramic views over the Mediterranean Sea. It comprises only 72 privately-owned luxury apartments (some of which are available for rental) & Aparthotel with leisure centre, in a magical setting of tropical gardens, sculptured swimming pools, fountains, waterfalls, and romantic thatched cabanas. ... more less