“Another good week at Club Bena Vista” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Club Bena Vista

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Estepona
Club Bena Vista
You added Club Bena Vista to your Saves list
Centro Comercial Benavista | Carretera de Cadiz Kilometro 167, 29002 Estepona, Spain   |
Ranked #15 of 35 Hotels in Estepona
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Another good week at Club Bena Vista”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

This is our second visit here. Apartment was very spacious, clean and well-equipped. Our unit had obviously recently been refurbished. On two floors, we had two bedrooms, one with a balcony and ensuite, downstairs loo and TV showing British channels. We had private access to a small swimming pool and our own small garden. All the beds were singles and some mattresses were particularly hard. This is a fairly large resort that lacks a centre. There are good local bars and restaurants to visit alongside the main A7 but there is no resort bar or restaurant. Weather wasn't good so we visited several local towns with a rented car.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Polish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

The resort is lovely and I am having a wonderful time here, but the service at the front desk is deplorable!  I have owned my time share for 16 years and this is the worst I  have ever been treated at a resort in ANY COUNTRY and I am a world-traveller of 22 years duration!

Every time I call the reception desk, the response is rude, rushed, and inappropriate!

Upon my arrival, I called to inform the front desk that I was unable to enter the apartment using the keys that were given to me.  I was asked to give her the number on the key (which I did) and she barked "that's the right key!". I asked if she could send someone to open the door and sounding rather annoyed at my request called housekeeping to assist me.  I have spoken to several guest staying here since then and have found that almost everyone had trouble entering the apartment when they arrived and some are still having trouble.  She acted as if it was a matter of turning a key in a lock when it is not.  You have to turn the deadbolt to the left TWO times and then turn the door key a series of times and giggle the door a certain way and IF YOU ARE LUCKY it opens.

My next call was this morning. I was simply calling to inquire on what days of the week the Ronda by rail tour operated on as I had misplaced the book with the tiur information in it.  Before I could get out my question, she began to bark at me again, "we can't do anything for you over the phone!  You must come to the office and book the tour!  Where is your blue book?  It's in the room and it tells you all the your information!".   When she finally stopped yelling and took a breath, I calmly stated my simple question and then she informed me the tour departed in Thursday's only.

My last call was about 30 min ago.  I had one SIMPLE question, "where is the Crowne Plaza hotel located?".  I booked a tour with a local  tour company and pick up time is listed as 6:30am tomorrow at the Crowne plaza.  Once again, before I could even get my question out, she began yelling! "what tour is this?!, did you book it with us?!, Why are you calling here then?! Call the place where you booked the tour and ask them!".  When she finished her rant, I said, "you cant tell me where the Crowne plaza is?". She barked, "it's across the street!". I said thank you and hung up.

You would have a lovely time here as long as you NEVER call reception FOR ANYTHING THE ENTIRE TIME YOU ARE HERE! UNBELIEVEABLE!

Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

We were driving and decided to wing staying somewhere close to Malaga.
We didn't see any signs in town showing hotels and had not Internet service. Driving through town and say this. They a room with parking for two. 69 euro. It is very simple with no street appeal. But it was clean, water view, great a/c, water etc. if you happen to be on a budget or have other goals this is acceptable. Great location for the center of town and beach.

San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

Very clean, courteous office staff, great for families and not so good for singles. No air conditioning is a minus. There is more a brittish flare here, a lot of spanish second or more language folks. Small town kind of atmosphere

Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

The area has plenty to offer. There are many nice places to eat, one of the best is the Robin Hood pub. It looks nothing from the front but it's lovely and the food is excellent. Lola's tapas bar is also great, and very cheap, meal including drink for under 10 euros. The sun gardens apartments are good, and also pelican park. The beach is ok if you walk to the right towards Villacana. It is a quiet area and not that many tourists, in August however the Spanish visit so it's busy then. I have been every year for the past 6years.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
southport
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

Ok be careful Club Bena Vista is awkward to find, get directions from the resort as it easy to miss the turn. If driving be aware that changing direction is not easy to start with as Spain is not like the Uk, instead of one island they ten to have two islands linking each other these are called combio de change. The resort is off a main expressway with speeds of 120km, it is a little noisy but not that bad. A car is esssential. We had a lovely apartment, all was missing was a washing machine, though a large cock roach got into the bathroom out of the garden and disappeared as soon as we approached it. The reception is really friendly, Anna is lovely. Gibralter well worth a trip but go on the coach because it by passes the traffic. Also no tolls, petrol etc and 22euros is well worth it. We found the resort quite expensive for drinks and the entertainment limited. Example a small strongbow and a pint of beer was 7 euros, although a good tip if going to Gibraltar is to pay in sterling. A coke and a pint 7euros or £4.70. San Pedro market well worth a trip on Thursdays. Lovely swimming pool by the apartment. Booked through RCI but not convinced of the value as we have a time share in Florida. £470maintenanace, £450 flights, £120 exchange and £57 RCI annual membership. When you think of all inclusive offers about, makes you wander if time share is that cheap. Anyway nice holiday overall, down side is it is very quiet,a few nice restaurants though a bit pricey. Beech was a ten minute walk, but very poor with a building site next to it, very stony and not sun bathing material. One last thing, no air conditioning made it really sticky, the fans help but just pushing warm air around.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on ground floor as you get a garden as well, and ask to be near the pool if you can.