Just back from another gorgeous week here. Not much has changed, but again please make sure you only go here if you have a car, you cannot manage without. The beauty of this resort is the feeling of space, there are plenty of sun loungers, the grass areas are lovely and well used by children playing and adults sitting quietly away from the pool. The pool area is immaculate, everywhere scrubbed down each morning, there is no rush to put out towels either. But this is only possible because this resort is away from the main hustle and bustle. We have stayed in another hotel nearer to everywhere, but you feel as if you are squashed around the pool and have no privacy, so you can't have both. And you can always park your car here, there is safe underground parking for 3 euros a day, or lots of free spaces around the front entrance.
The staff are very friendly. There are lots of safe play areas for children, life guard by the pool, and it is gated down to the beach with cctv. The beach isn't beautiful but there are plenty of lovely coves up towards Gibraltar. The rooms are very clean, well maintained and again spacious. We've never had a problem with the massive shared living communal areas as our room is enough for us - you would only use this if you were two parties sharing and you want somewhere else to sit after putting the kids to bed. Breakfasts were fine, nothing special but more than adequate; bread and pastries freshly baked. Cooked breakfasts a bit greasy and only luke warm. The beach bars offer the best value for night time eating. Just drive up the coastal road and pull in anywhere you see a beach sign! The entertainment was very minimal, but to be honest that is how we like it! After coming back from dinner, I like to sit on my balcony and hear the sea!
- Also Known As:
- Fuerte Estepona Hotel
- Fuerte Estepona Hotel Estepona
- Hotel Fuerte Estepona Spain - Costa Del Sol
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Fuerte Estepona is a magnificent hotel with 210 rooms and deluxe suites with 1, 2 or 3 bedrooms with sea views. Thanks to its location, a modern spa and its specifically-designed spaces for couples and families, the hotel holds a respected place among the hotels in Estepona. It is 82 km from Malaga International Airport and half an hour from Gibraltar.EL OLIVO RESTAURANT: Our traditional, high-quality Mediterranean cuisine using natural flavours with a modern touch to be enjoyed in modern surroundings. Our exclusive Fuerte Estepona restaurant, located within the hotel, is the perfect place to start and end a day at the beach, enjoying all the flavours it has to offer. A wide range of breakfasts, lunches (solely during the months of July and August) and buffet dinners.The Estepona Spa is a place where you can alleviate stress, charge your batteries and return home better than ever, thanks to our cutting-edge hydrotherapy circuits and massage and beauty treatment regimens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Hotel Fuerte Estepona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.