“Feeling at Home at Hotel Piedra Paloma” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Piedra Paloma
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ctra. N-340, Km. 148, 29680 Estepona, Spain   |
Ranked #16 of 35 Hotels in Estepona
Manilva, Spain
“Feeling at Home at Hotel Piedra Paloma”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my recent stay at Hotel Piedra Paloma in lovely and idyllic Estepona. I stayed longer than a regular traveler since I am preparing to move into a new residence in Manilva, situated just a few miles away.

What impressed me while making me feel very much at home was that I was treated like a member of the family. Warmth was the prevalent attitude. The hotel is family run with brothers Gaby and Antonio mainstays of the operation. Whenever I needed advice of any kind these highly knowledgeable, ever friendly young men were there to assist. They aided me enormously since I am transitioning myself to live in the area. Hence the quicker I could be brought up to speed the better.

I also loved the great breakfasts that the family members prepared and served. The father of the family did a good job of preparing the food and supervising the kitchen. There is nothing like a good breakfast to get the day launched.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Malaga, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

We booked this hotel for its location: mid- way between Estepona and Sabanillas/Duquesa. Rooms were basic but clean and tidy. My bedside lamp didn't work and there were no glasses or plastic cups left in the bathroom to use. The breakfast menu looked varied but we were offered only a very limited choice and had to sit in the bar to eat it. However, it was fresh and tasty and the family team of two brothers and their mum tried very hard to ensure everything was to our liking. They were very friendly and caring - especially as we found the bar area closed at only 9 pm. They explained that the bar was only open for breakfast and up to 12 noon! When we insisted we have at least a coffee and brandy as our ' nightcap ', Mum relented and did us proud! If you want a quirky stop over with unusual catering and don't mind a lack of fans or air- con in the public areas during a hot summer, then give it a try. We thought the whole experience was a delight!

Room Tip: Our first floor room 111had a balcony and sea view. The double glazing kept out the road traffic noi...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
bordeaux
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I have NOT stopped here, but I pass it every day on the way to and from work. What the reviewers surpringly omit to say is that it is within twenty metres of the busy four-lane highway between Estepona and Gibraltar/Algeciras. To get to the beach on foot it is necessary to use the nearby footbridge. As the hotel is 50 metres from a roundabout, trucks and other vehicles are constantly breaking for the roundabout and then accelerating away from it. All that separates the bedrooms from the road is the narrow parking strip of the hotel.

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I was due to stay in a friend's apartment nearby, but it was unavailable for the first couple of days,so I booked into this hotel. It was off season, so very quiet and the restaurant was not open apart from breakfast. The staff were very friendly/helpful, the room was what one would expect, and the breakfast was acceptable. There is a reasonable Italian restaurant within walking distance. This is certainly not a destination hotel, but for Bed and Breakfast on the way to Gibraltar, you can't go wrong.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

given the area, price was fine. got a decent nights sleep in a clean room. nothing special but certainly acceptable.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Brea
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2008

We stayed in this hotel one night on a trip in Spain on the way to Gibraltar. We did not have a reservation, and just walked in. I know it was out of season (and a Sunday afternoon) in this area of the Costa Del Sol, but this place was a little depressing, with us being the only guests in this hotel, and the front desk not speaking English at all. There was only one restaurant in the immediate area.

• Stayed October 2008
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Hotel Piedra Paloma? Share your experiences!