“Better do it on your own” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 334 Activities in Costa del Sol
More attraction details
Owner description: We specialise in organising, Mountain Bike Biking Holidays, Road Cycling Holidays, Leisure Cycling Holidays , Triathlon & Winter Training Camps , Family Cycling Holidays, a White Village Tour, Vegetarian & Vegan Biking Holidays and Winter Cycling holidays. From guided cycling vacations to self-led tours, short breaks or weekend trips away to a fortnight and more. We are based in Montecorto in the Grazalema Natural Park near Ronda and are just over an hour away from Malaga airport.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Activities for older children, Activities for young children
Frankfurt
6 attraction reviews
“Better do it on your own”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Maybe this is only great for beginners, but if you are experienced in cycle touring, do not use this company for self-guided-cycling.
It is really overpriced and charges too much for the servoces offered, the two first hotels were quite nice (but easy to find on your own), and the third was just okay and much cheaper then the other two, but we paid quite a high amount every day and felt ripped-off. Routes are nice, but this is not difficut to find in such a beautiful region, and most of the times an accurate descripition what to expect of this ride and the vertical meters were missing.
Also very unflexible with transport to aiport,for which you have to pay extra. We had to get up at 6am and were dropped off much too early at the airport and had to pay an extra day for a rental car we had pre-ordered. No refund or not even an sincere apology was offered.

Visited October 2012
AshleyHiggins, Owner at Andalucian Cycling Experience Day Trips, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
Hi Julia, Thank you for your review. We are dissappointed that you feel the Sporting Tour did not meet with your expectations. As you may remember you arrived in Spain immediately after a week of very heavy rain in Andalucia that caused a lot of flash flooding and we had to change the last hotel on your trip at very late notice, otherwise we would of had to cancel your vacation. Unfortunately, in the last mountain top village on this tour there are only two hotels to choose from. The information pack that we provided as a part of the Tour notes gives recommendations on places to eat en route and in the evenings in each town that you stay in and also details of places of interest that we feel you may wish to visit. Many previous clients have commented that our route cards are easy to follow and the the evelation gain, which is noted at every instruction helps the riders plan their rides in terms of pace and effort required to get to the next destination. As for the airport transfer back to Malaga, upon booking you had requested that we returned you to Malaga before mid-day, we arranged your airport transfer to arrive at Malaga airport just after 10am. It wasn't until the day before when we confirmed what time we would be picking you up in the morning (8am) that this became an issue. Unfortunately, as your airport transfer was mid week our guides were all out guiding & we were unable to change the transfer time at short notice.

Guernsey, United Kingdom
“Brilliant cycling”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Just come back from a fantastic winter training camp in Montecorto. I am a bit of a "newbie" when it comes to road cycling but I am keen to do a trip to the pyranees or alps and wanted to see how I coped with long days and lots of climbing. Well, this trip certainly ticked all the boxes. Ashley and his team were great with and gave me all the right challenges to built my confidence. Andalucia is a beautiful part of Spain and, with the lack of wind, the smooth roads, lots of climbing and hardly any cars, I would recommend it to anyone. The bike maintenance course was great too!! Needless to say I am now even more hooked!!!

Visited December 2012
Beijing
“Fantastic experience of road cycling in Montecorto”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

We had a fantastic experience of road cycling in Montecorto even just three days. This was the first time my friend and I spent several days cycling for our vacation. And we are so happy/proud that we are the first Chinese group enjoying the Montecorto cycling according to Ashley, a lovely ACE founder/hoster/guider.
I should say we got more than we were looking for with Ashley, Clair and Jez’s fully prepared, comfortable accommodation and amazing scenery, especially the individually route arrangement. Our group was really difficult one for any organizer as one of us is really experienced with high skills, several of us are rookies for cycling and another two of us are the first time experiencing speed bicycle. Thanks for Ashley’s great arrangement and encouraging, everyone in our group was satisfied regardless of experience/ability finally.
I would like to recommend cycling in early November. Not too hot and not too cold. Scenery is still beautiful.
Accommodation is also great. Townhouse made us feel in our own home especially we could cook Chinese food in the evening. Thanks Jez drove us to Ronda to buy lots food for cooking after one day cycling.
The road cycling itself is amazing: beautiful roads with stunning scenery and very little traffic; beautiful white villages; kind local people and good food for lunch in the village.
We do appreciate Ashley, Clair and Jez elaborate care and arrangements. I am looking forward next year’s holoday!

Hamburg, Germany
“saved my cycling holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

The team from Andalucian Cycling Experience saved my road cycling holidays, when my friend, who wanted to travel with me, dropped out just a few days before the flight. I could spend some wonderful days in Andalucia road cycling. Not having done much road cycling before, I used the chance to really test my bike and my mountain skills. ;) All good! The guides were fantastic, and I felt stronger than I though I would. And the scenery is breathtaking.
Well, I am already thinking about coming back.
Silvia

seahouses
“Seahouses boys on tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We were 6 lads on a cycling trip to Grazalema for 3 days with a fair amount of alcohol consumed in the evenings.We broke in to 2 groups of 3 with one group enjoying fairly leisurely cycling and the other group a little more challenging up Las Palomas not once but twice.The organisation for both groups was excellent with Ashley and Jez leading the way and with some good advice as to the several pit stops en route.Monte Corto is excellently placed with a variety of rides in the vicinity depending on the degree of difficulty required.Accomodation was clean and tidy and perfectly adequate for this type of holiday.All in all the whole experience exceeded our expectations and so much so that some of the group want to return for a weekly training camp!!!! Thank you for everyone involved with ACE for making the trip an enjoyable experience and hope to see you in the future.